Match Thread

limpid

Albrighton the new Beckham? A bold statement but **** me his crossing is superb.

More like the new Steve Guppy, just superb crossing so far.

Beckham could spray a pass or two as well.

Mark has yet to develop to that :)

He makes up for it by taking players on :)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome so far. People forget how important it is to have a settled side who know each other well. I've been impressed with Albrighton again, if he continues improving his technical game (dribbling in particular), then with his speed, confidence and crossing ability he could be a fantastic player for us.

good first half. still a few times where we were trying to bang in the ball from wide even if there was noone in the box, and a bit sloppy in possession, but Kev Macs only been working with them a few days. will take a bit of time to get the direct at all cost costs approach out of the players

movement off the ball is much better though, and we are putting some nice moves together. be nice if we were really ruthless 2nd half, and rack up the goals

Its still MON's tactics though, nothing has changed there otherwise the players wouldn't be so comfortable.

The buildup and approach play is not at all like MoN though. This team looks confident passing the ball and does not lump it forward from deep positions, they are passing it around , playing it wide , crossing it with purpose rather than aimlessly hit it towards the general direction of the goal.

While Albrighton gets the plaudits, just want to mention Ciaran Clark. I haven't noticed him much so far, just the way it should be. He's looking comfortable and impressive again. A natural centre back. Keep it up Ciaran.

I'll echo this to a point but he's not had much to do! They have one striker and the team is all over the shop. A quiet but solid performance would be great for his confidence though.

this is how we shouldve been playing in the past

been saying it for years that the team is able to and it was just mons woeful tactical ability holding us back from being a good footballing team

I think we need to calm down a bit as I can virtually gurantee you we won't be seeing football like this all through the season. West Ham is allowing us a lot of time on the ball, and we get space to play. They seem to be completely devoid of ideas, and that is not just down to us playing well (which we are). But you are right that we are playing very well at the moment, and we should enjoy that. :)

Another thing thats gone a bit unnoticed is how well Clark is playing, Dunne got caught out a couple of times and Clark was there to mop up, top performance so far!

Oh, and yes, i hope to god that l.young stays, its been so unfair the way he has been treated the last few years, he is one of our best players so its nice to see him playing and playing well today. Hope he stays.

While Albrighton gets the plaudits, just want to mention Ciaran Clark. I haven't noticed him much so far, just the way it should be. He's looking comfortable and impressive again. A natural centre back. Keep it up Ciaran.

He looks completely composed and like he's been doing it for years :thumb: - Reminds me of how Barry looked when he first broke into the 1st team.