Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Started as Villa, finished 6th in the 1st season winning the league cup as well.

Signed

Smithies 700k

Gibbs Loan

Subotic 8m - Beast

Micah Richards - 4.2m

Lucas 6m

Fleck 700k

Chamberlain 1.6m

Kadlec 1.4m

Wickham 3m

Got rid of Marshall, Dunne, Beye, L.Young, Petrov, Salifou, Heskey

Obviously trying to get rid of the older players and bring in some future stars. Already have Moussa Sissoko lined up for next year.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in a bit of a fork in the road, Im in the third season, sitting 4th with 10 to go, quarters of CL (with the Villa of course), I just dont think my squad is good enough to get me into 1st and I dont know which direction I should go, for example do I sign some more experience or go the young player route, I have a pretty young squad, but am lacking that reall cutting edge quality, squad depth is good.

A. Smithies

B. Guzan

B. Friedel

K. Walker

M. Richards

S. Warnock - off at seasons end

J. Robinson

P. Jones

C. Clark

N. Onahoua (sp)

Mohammed Sissoko (from Juve)

J. Makoum

NRC - Off at seasons end

p. onaua - young regen

E. Hazzard

S. Ireland

C. Adam - will sell at seasons end

M. Kovaceic (young lad, spelling wrong)

Downing

Albrighton

Young

Guardado

Bent

Gamiero (sp)

Gabby

Delf

So what can I do to get over the edge. I play a 4-1-1-2-2, I think I need a staring LB, AMR, and SC

Smithies

Walker------Jone-----Clark-------??

-------Sissoko----------

-------Hazzard--------

--Downing----------Young----

------Bent-------Rotation between the others-----

Just started my 3rd season as Villa. Finished 10th then 7th in the previous two years. I've smashed Arsenal and Birmingham but I keep drawing games I should be winning - I don't know how to counter the complacency issue. I've been a nifty mover in the market, but I could do with a better keeper. My team is:

Patricio

Boruc

Mario

Clyne

Cuellar

Musacchio

Clark

Collins

Rat

Warnock

Makoun

NRC

N'Koulou

McCarthy

Klement

Young

Downing

Albrighton

Hazard

Kroos

Bannan

Bent

Agbonlahor

Delfouneso

Milevski

Baston

Why the hell do you have 28 players?

Very much this, buy quality not quantity. Pick a formation you like and get a really strong first 11 for it.

Have a slight alternate formation for when you are chasing games and another for when you are leading, so usually this means getting another quality striker and defensive midfielder.

Outside of that top 13 I like to have a few squadies, usually players that can play multiple positions on lower wages who aren't going to complain about lack of game time. Also with a team like villa you can hunt for a few top quality regens, at the end of the season i usually search through a few U18s teams scout the best player and play good money if he has high potential (don't waste time with this if you are playing a short game just get more squadies)

I always have a squad of 23, depending on what formation I play, 2 for every position then the extra man is either a CM if I play 2 in the middle, or a striker if I play one up top, and even then I look to loan them out, especially if they are young. Depends if you're in Europe really, then I wouldn't loan people out seeing as you'll be playing 2 times a week.

I always have a squad of 23, depending on what formation I play, 2 for every position then the extra man is either a CM if I play 2 in the middle, or a striker if I play one up top, and even then I look to loan them out, especially if they are young. Depends if you're in Europe really, then I wouldn't loan people out seeing as you'll be playing 2 times a week.
I get too attached to players though sometimes, I've got a squad of about 25-26 with Leeds and I have 5 CM'S +3 AM'S + three wingers. I don't feel like getting rid of the ones that were there when I took over in the championship :(

realmadridcfprematchtea.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Downloaded this tactic and it seems to be doing wonders with this team.. great tactic.

I got Altintop (Free) and Sahin (Got him for like £20m - twice what Madrid have paid in real life but hey ho) in my save also got Kadlec though will sell him after one season to allow Morata to get more games next season.. other than that everything else is untouched, Sarabia and Morata from youth.

In pre season and have got great results so far.. you could argue it's a waste of time by getting Altintop and Sahin in and that I should wait for the next FM but it makes the game interesting for now.

Why the hell do you have 28 players?

3 of those are out on loan. I like to rotate a little based on form, and have good competition for places. I also work my players hard in training and they do sometimes get injured. No-one has complained about lack of game time since I've been in the job.

Got Barnet promoted to League One as Champions with a few games to go and won the Johnsons Paint Trophy!!!

I use 3 or 4 tactics throughout the season, my regular 4-1-3-2, an attacking 4-2-2-2 and counter attacking 4-2-3-1 and a defensive 4-4-2.

Looking forward to the closed season and snapping up some freebies!!!

Will be trying to sign Tom Ince, Michael Woods and Montano who i've had on loan for a few months and are all out of contract in June...

Have Villa as my parent club and they loaned me Siegrist who's been awesome!!! Will be trying to get several of the reserves on free loans next season too!!!

Will also try and improve the coaching at the club and the youth team....

Ive had this since it came out but tbh i have struggled to want to play it since febuary ish when were in the dogfight i dont know why, ill probably start again when the new season starts when the new villa squad is known.

Grrrr - this game's f**king annoying!!!

Closed season having got Barnet promoted to League 1 as champions!

Three of my targets, who I had on loan and all expressed their regret of the loan finishing and have me and the club as favoured personel, have all been released by their respective clubs.

Can I sign any of them on a free??? not a f**king chance - none of them will enter contract discussions, let alone mull over an offer :evil: :evil:

Then I see they accept a contract from a League 2 club!?!?!??!

Grrrr - this game's f**king annoying!!!

Closed season having got Barnet promoted to League 1 as champions!

Three of my targets, who I had on loan and all expressed their regret of the loan finishing and have me and the club as favoured personel, have all been released by their respective clubs.

Can I sign any of them on a free??? not a f**king chance - none of them will enter contract discussions, let alone mull over an offer :evil: :evil:

Then I see they accept a contract from a League 2 club!?!?!??!

Yeah i am having similar problems with my Barnet game, i'm in my third season i'm in the championship. Make sure you try again after your status is confirmed as League 1 and just keep your eyes open, you'll be surprised at the players that become available.

What are your thoughts on my Villa rebuild? I released all the 10 we got rid of, gave a budget of 35m and have sold a few too.

--------------Smithies

Young - Jagielka - Clark - Warnock

-------Defour - Delph - Adam -----

Downing --------------------Hazard

------------------Bent

Haven't been playing this much lately but have just finished my 2nd season with Bilbao.

Finished 5th again in La Liga. Somehow seemed a better season though, probably because I had a good 2nd half of the season this year and have forgot about the first few months as its been so long.

Was joint on points with Atletico Madrid (4th) with 3 games to go but I had to play Barca & Real in last 3 games.

Got knocked out Europa League by Liverpool in 2nd KO round. Was playing 2nd string though. Don't remember what happened in Copa Del Rey.

Having found out I can sign any Spanish player 16 or under I've signed about 5 or 6 of them with good potential. Trying to sign Azpilicueta on loan as backup RB. Ander was absolute quality in ACM role.

realmadridcfprematchtea.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Downloaded this tactic and it seems to be doing wonders with this team.. great tactic.

I got Altintop (Free) and Sahin (Got him for like £20m - twice what Madrid have paid in real life but hey ho) in my save also got Kadlec though will sell him after one season to allow Morata to get more games next season.. other than that everything else is untouched, Sarabia and Morata from youth.

In pre season and have got great results so far.. you could argue it's a waste of time by getting Altintop and Sahin in and that I should wait for the next FM but it makes the game interesting for now.

Started a new game as Villa and downloaded this tactic. Still in pre-season and haven't signed anyone but the signs are looking promising.

Just beat Roma 9-0 and Palerma 7-2 both away from home. :)

Â