Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

signed pires on football manager, played him behind the striker (the fonz or gabby) and he is amazing, superb passing his value was £350K at another club, signed him for a £1m (yes i know its alot could've got him for cheaper but i decided i'll bid £1m) and im happy with him, after 90 minutes of football he's condition is 71%, happy with that :lol:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugs starting to get annoying now.. James Collins gets unhappy and has a private conversation saying he wants to play more or leave so i tell him he will get his chance in the 1st team. He then starts every 1st team match until the end of the season when he requests a transfer for me not playing him!

Bugs starting to get annoying now.. James Collins gets unhappy and has a private conversation saying he wants to play more or leave so i tell him he will get his chance in the 1st team. He then starts every 1st team match until the end of the season when he requests a transfer for me not playing him!

Happened to me a few times now.

And maybe not a bug, but I think the media in the game are Oliver Holt wannabe's;

fno12.jpg

Poyet sacked by brighton december 2011, new manager cotteril appointed (december 11) and sacked october 2012 (Bowyer) employed by Brighton as manager november 2012, sacked july 2013, new manager (brown) comes in and is sacked december 2013 lol

I think it will be the last one I buy.

Same goes for me, I think. Only got it last week, am six weeks in to my first season and already fed up with it. Shame though as some of the new things in theory made the game more enjoyable but it's so buggy it's untrue.

Favourite from last night - have a chat with RVN (who I only signed a week or two previously) and suggested that he'd make a good manager when he retired. He agreed and then fell out with me because I suggested he shouldn't start right now. Very poor motivation and a big sulk because I didn't think that a week after I signed him was necessarily a good time for him to take a managerial job somewhere. Probably not a bug per se but still fairly ridiculous.

so many managers getting sacked, and the ones not getting sacked are always 'under pressure'. 15 games into my second season, Arsenal are top of the PL and unbeaten then out of the blue Wenger gets sacked and replaced by MON.

EDIT: first game in charge MON plays a 4-4-2 and loses 3-0.

As I said the game is bugged to hell, really poor in my view. I just don't think its been tested because if it had these things would have been spotted. I think it will be the last one I buy.

mine keeps crashing as well even after downloading patches and stuff. Think its as i have old PC

It is a good game but many bugs

Sometimes the more you read, the more bugs you notice, a lot of people will accept quirks or will just not notice things as they play along quite happily. That said, some of the things people are noticing and posting in here are quite bad which is a shame because it is a very good game.

Andy, the game - with no bugs would be amazing, underneath there is that game and am hoping that can be sorted so will stick with it.

Question for you, regarding what you said to the guy about not being able to buy players.

My AFC Telford team are in league one, my manager rating is high and I am doing really well. Yet I cannot buy players from teams in the conference or league two (David Ball being one) they refuse point blank to enter negotiations, on previous games they would have at least listened and I believe in 'RL' a player would listen when a bid comes in from a high flying league one team compared to one sitting 14th in the conference.

I used Ball as an example but I have spent 30k in 5 seasons (on one player, not multiple) why? Well, the money is there and I have a wage budget of 70k, 40k spent and £1.2m in the bank, reason being... I cannot buy a single soul! So, players are being sold (by myself or the chairman) and they are then replaced by free signings as they are the only ones who will come to me.

You have to admit, its a little over the top.

Sorry, made a mistake, I forgot I bought another player for 60k - slipped my mind that one. Still I have only been able to buy two players from clubs in 5 seasons, I must have bid on 100+ players though in that time. Those are the only ones who would enter negotiations.

Early in my first season with Villa - struggling for goals, Carew is poor, and I already have a massive injury list. A bit unrealistic. Oh, wait...

Good news is I managed to swap Sidwell plus five mill for Pienaar from Everton. :thumb:

Bastards. Pienaar was keen, but the deal fell through because rocket polisher Sidwell couldn't agree terms with Everton. And now he's giving me grief, the ginger word removed.

Ireland was crap for ages, I persevered with him, he started coming good and then got a bad injury.

Albrighton is starting to blossom in the first team, just got his first goal. Dunn looking dodgy, Petrov tires easily and tries a long shot every game.

So far so realistic. :)

Just got sacked as Villa halfway through 3rd season. In first season target was top half and finished 3rd in second season target was qualify for europe and i came 6th and qualified for euro cup also got to the semi's of the champions leage. Then third season said i will challenge for the title but coming into december i was still in all the cups and somehow had 5 games in hand in the league and was 10points off 1st in 7th place so they sacked me! finances were all good below wage budget etc hmmm going to apply for jobs in the conference now i reckon. Tonnes of managers are getting sacked but now i've been sacked theres not one job going haha

Used to play this on a PC but switched to a Mac this time which has given me a problem. I used to CTRL+ALT+Del on the PC version which opened the end task box meaning you could get back onto your desktop without quitting or saving the game, use the internet and then return to the game.

I don't seem able to find a way to do this on the Mac, so anyone got any idea if I can and how?

Â