Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Is Villa a step too far for Tony Pulis?

Oh good lord. Tony Pulis? Really?

Depressing if anything.

Isn't he like a poor mans MON? I was watching Stoke-spuds with my Stoke-supporting brother and his Stoke-supporting friend and listening to them was like reading about MON here. Leaves the good players out cause he doesn't like them personally (Tuncay), playing central defenders as rb (Huth) and having a tireing useless player on the pitch just for doing one thing good (Delap). No, not for me, thank you.

Edit: And getting a bit slated for playing boring football only hoofing the ball.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ on the cross.

Well, we could hire christ - I'm sure by the time he got to the end of his management stint we'd be crucifying him.

Next you'll be telling me to cheer up, that it ain't that bad and that I should look on the bright side of life.

Christ on the cross.

Well, we could hire christ - I'm sure by the time he got to the end of his management stint we'd be crucifying him.

Next you'll be telling me to cheer up, that it ain't that bad and that I should look on the bright side of life.

Well, you know, some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse.

Christ on the cross.

:D

I'd probably be Otto, tbh. :winkold:

oh yeah just done some research on paulo bento and found out he is currently unemployed he was a youth coach for sporting lisbon and then got promoted to manager and no one had faith in him due to his inexperience but in 4-5 years at the club he has won a fair bit with them and got them champions league football. never heard of him before but it looks like he could do the job.

Just shows you what a tough decision it is for Randy and the board doesn't it. Don't want/like Bradley, Sven, Hughes, Fistface, Sam, Curbs, Pulis, Moyes etc etc etc. Someone is going to be upset at whoever we appoint. Massive decision for Randy though.

lol his full name is paulo jorge bento gomes never heard of him until 5 mins ago when i was doing a bit of research recently resigned as sporting lisbon boss and did a pretty good job with them. just another name to throw into the hat really

Steve Bruce. Would actually be okay.

But that reminds me of -ahem- certain victories in his career. No thanks.

Redemption would be sweet though.

Just imagine Brucie leading us to an emphatic 6-0 victory over SHA, jumping around like a mad man for each goal then coming to the Holte to revel in applause.

Reality check:

Jol has already said he wants to stay with Ajax for the CL. Unless they get knocked out (preferably before the knockout stage) he's unattainable.

Bob has done a decent job for USA, but has no experience at any level in Europe. If we're going to go for Bob, we may aswell give it to KM for (I presume) a lower wage. He already knows the squad inside out aswell.

Sven. Ha. Enough said.

Same as above for Phil Brown. Can't imagine his karaoke going down very well at VP. Or his patented on pitch team talks.

Tony Pulis is described as a poor mans MON. We've been done that road, and while the past few years have been sweet (and frustrating) it's time for a change.

The way I see it, there are very limited options due to the late stage in the summer and it could be a long wait to get someone of any real experience. Thanks MON.