Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also jump on the 'get your wallet out and poach a manager' bandwagon.

As Bicks says, if you're unemployed at the moment as a manager, it's because you deserve to be. And this is the field we're looking at. Horrifying.

Mike Bassett has just been suspended by the local bookies here. Some man on a hunch came in threw a few grand on it. Says he's a nailed on cert. Happy days,

Good thing with Bassett is, he bring with him experienced staff like Doddsy.

Lets hope when the window opens in Jan he brings in Whacko and tonka

Ah shit, it doesn't look good does it?

MON merked Houllier with the Carew/Baros deal and we were taking the piss out of him for ages because of it. I don't have much confidence in him as either a manager or DOF to be honest.

If the paper's suspected candidates are true, then I'd give the job to Kevin MacDonald.

Martin O'Neill wasnt in work

Mark hughes wasnt in work

Mourinho wasnt in work before he joined Inter.

Good job I used the word normally then.

Of our managers in the "modern era"

Saunders - in work

Barton- Promoted from within

Turner - In work

Mcneill - in work

Taylor - in work

Venglos - just finished with Czech

Atkinson- In work

Little - In work

Gregory - In work (but promoted to join us)

Odreary - Out of work

O'neill - sabbatical

Donadoni has applied

Roberto Donadoni has applied for the Aston Villa job.

Aston Villa are currently conducting interviews as they seek a replacement for O'Neill and former AC Milan star Donadoni has thrown his hat into the ring for the position.

Charles Collymore, Donadoni's UK representative, has confirmed the Italian has applied for the post and is interested in working in England.

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

If this goes on much longer, Il totally pass caring. Maybe thats the boards ploy to please the fans??
or make them more apathetic

Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club?

Yes plenty as it happens

I was thrilled with the 3-0 of wet spam

Delighted by the draw with Vienna

and ecstatic with the win against Everton

I have also posted a thread about how good I thought Ireland looked in spells against Vienna at home

Does that justify things for you?

I jmean can I now be free to post my opinion on matters? Do I qualify?

That record seems to be broken.

The one saying I am negative? Yes absolutely :winkold:

Using the 'Liverpool fans didn't like him' argument is totally redundant. For one thing, they thought Benitez was really good.

If you focused on the fact that Houllier has won plenty of trophies both here and in France - that puts him in a better light.

I for one, want results. I want trophies. I don't give a **** about whining primadonnas who think that we should play like Barcelona every week.

Martin O'Neill wasnt in work

Mark hughes wasnt in work

Mourinho wasnt in work before he joined Inter.

Good job I used the word normally then.

Of our managers in the "modern era"

Saunders - in work

Barton- Promoted from within

Turner - In work

Mcneill - in work

Taylor - in work

Venglos - just finished with Czech

Atkinson- In work

Little - In work

Gregory - In work (but promoted to join us)

Odreary - Out of work

O'neill - sabbatical

Well as most of them were in work Richard and we have barely won anything in that time, maybe its a time for a change :D

The recent posts have just lead me to a moment of clarity. The list, as already said is totally uninspiring and some of the names spell danger.

I reckon the board know that now and the longer time goes on the more likely they'll get someone in a job.

I'm going to hang on for Martin Jol.

This recruitment process has been an absolute farce!

RE: The compo - what would people prefer - a £6-10M striker (for example) or for the money to be spent on acquiring the services on a top manager?

I'd definitely prefer the second option.

as we have just received 18M or so, can I have both?

Donadoni has applied

Roberto Donadoni has applied for the Aston Villa job.

Aston Villa are currently conducting interviews as they seek a replacement for O'Neill and former AC Milan star Donadoni has thrown his hat into the ring for the position.

Charles Collymore, Donadoni's UK representative, has confirmed the Italian has applied for the post and is interested in working in England.

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

****, you'll be needing a shotgun for that one Pompey.

;)

:|

If this goes on much longer, Il totally pass caring. Maybe thats the boards ploy to please the fans??
or make them more apathetic

Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club?

Yes plenty as it happens

I was thrilled with the 3-0 of wet spam

Delighted by the draw with Vienna

and ecstatic with the win against Everton

I have also posted a thread about how good I thought Ireland looked in spells against Vienna at home

Does that justify things for you?

I jmean can I now be free to post my opinion on matters? Do I qualify?

That record seems to be broken.

The one saying I am negative? Yes absolutely :winkold:

No, the same reply you give when anybody asks/challenges your negative opinion.

Why can't I be free to express my opinion? Am i equal now? Do I qualify?

Snorin' ell.

No, the same reply you give when anybody asks/challenges your negative opinion.

Actually when someone challenges my opinion I typically do respond and justify it.

I only post what you have classed as the same reply (which it isn't by the way) whenever people just post on me , not my opinion, by saying things like "god you are always negative" or "dont youever post anything postive about the club"

See how that works?