Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be reasonably happy with Houllier and MacDonald as his number two, if only for the fact that we'd have half a chance of signing some players from Ligue 1.

Djimi Traore

Titi Camara

Vladimir Smicer

Bernard Diomede

Gregory Vignal

John Arne Riise

Anthony Le Tallec

Florent Sinama Pongolle

El-Hadji Diouf

Bruno Cheyrou

Salif Diao

Those are the players he signed from Ligue 1 while in Liverpool. He's a train wreck in transfer market.

John Arne Riise was great for Liverpool, Smicer wasn't that bad either...The others yeah wasn't that great, but even Diouf even now has his good moments...He's just a hothead.

He was managing Liverpool who aimed to challenge for the title and the best he could do was a good left back and a decent squad winger, it's just not good by any standards.

The thing with speculation is that it's all normally based on one rumour or idea. With Bradley it was solely because he's American, with Hitzfeld it was because he was allegedly sighted at Villa Park, with Houllier it's because he was allegedly interviewed. No difference.

I've just come from the Wrexham club shop, buying a new tracksuit and I over-heard murmerings of Dean Saunders' last game being this Sunday against Newport County before a trip down the M6.

Given Wrexhams performances, it might be his last game, but not because he's choosing to leave...

How about someone rings Villa posing as Moyes. Then we'd know what the crack is. Been done before.

brrrrring brrrrrring

Brrrrring brrrrrring

Recep: hello, Aston Villa recruitment office

Impressionist: hi, it’s David here, any progress on my terms and conditions?

Recep: ah yes, all done and in the post, Randy agreed to allowing your next to be conceived here and named Holte.

Impressionist: ok, not sure what that last bit was about but I think I got everything I was hoping for from this conversation.

Recep: no problem, we’ll see you Monday then Mr Beckham, hope your voice is better by then

Donadoni! Ace :D

Donadoni in for Villa job

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

:notworthy:

I've just come from the Wrexham club shop, buying a new tracksuit and I over-heard murmerings of Dean Saunders' last game being this Sunday against Newport County before a trip down the M6.

Given Wrexhams performances, it might be his last game, but not because he's choosing to leave...

True! I just thought I'd get some on here going into more hysterics :winkold: