Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes will not be here. Sorry.

How can you be so certain? Nothing is certain in Football and now days loyalty counts for nothing. If a manager or player see's a achnce to better themselves then there is not much you can do to stop that. Contracts count for shit these days.

Dangle a few mill in front of Everton and what they going to do if he wants to leave?

Do you know this for sure? Are you ITK?

No, I am not ITK. We would have heard more to this if he was intending on actually going - some story other than he "cancelled" a photo shoot.

You know this big club thing, its a silly red herring. Whats going on here is that we appear to be limiting our choices to managers who aren't in work or in Houllier's case, can easily be freed from their contract. We appear to be unwilling to pay anyone compensation for their manager so because of that those managers who are under contract but might be willing to move are hardly going to stick their necks out and hint that they may be interested via agents and the like. Also the appearing to be unwilling to compensate also rather hints that there is no money to spend and few managers in the top brackets are interested in the kind of work that involves, wheeler dealing and minuscule budgets. In short, right now, we're sending out all the wrong messages and are attracting all the wrong candidates

Im in full agreement with this. Even with Dougs reputation, he never found things this blooming difficult!

Are we looking for a Manager or a yes man?

And if the latter, then why?

Personally, Moyes, Jol even Mark Hughes would come to us if the timing was different, say it was the summer i'm certain they'd jump at it but because they've just had pre-seasons and are settled with their sides they'd be mad to join Villa at this current time.

My thing is the timing, I dont think we should be mulling over the dead wood thats floating around but rather give it time for the right person.

The alleged strategy of signing someone now for the long run who isnt employed is wrong wrong. Speak with someone like Jol and ask if he would consider us in the future, you can make up pre-contracts cant you?

No, I am not ITK. We would have heard more to this if he was intending on actually going - some story other than he "cancelled" a photo shoot.

To be fair though, we've not heard an awful lot from Villa. Not a lot on why O'Neill jacked and not even confirmation of this '5 man' shortlist.

Everything is very hush hush which could point to a compensation agreement having to be reached.

You know this big club thing, its a silly red herring. Whats going on here is that we appear to be limiting our choices to managers who aren't in work or in Houllier's case, can easily be freed from their contract. We appear to be unwilling to pay anyone compensation for their manager so because of that those managers who are under contract but might be willing to move are hardly going to stick their necks out and hint that they may be interested via agents and the like. Also the appearing to be unwilling to compensate also rather hints that there is no money to spend and few managers in the top brackets are interested in the kind of work that involves, wheeler dealing and minuscule budgets. In short, right now, we're sending out all the wrong messages and are attracting all the wrong candidates

Youve just supported the arguement that we are not that bigger club. We wouldnt get away with it. Wed be punished for tapping up.

To be fair though, we've not heard an awful lot from Villa. Not a lot on why O'Neill jacked and not even confirmation of this '5 man' shortlist.

Everything is very hush hush which could point to a compensation agreement having to be reached.

Something would have leaked by now from the Everton side, if Moyes intended on ditching them. Believe me.

I'd be reasonably happy with Houllier and MacDonald as his number two, if only for the fact that we'd have half a chance of signing some players from Ligue 1.

Djimi Traore

Titi Camara

Vladimir Smicer

Bernard Diomede

Gregory Vignal

John Arne Riise

Anthony Le Tallec

Florent Sinama Pongolle

El-Hadji Diouf

Bruno Cheyrou

Salif Diao

Those are the players he signed from Ligue 1 while in Liverpool. He's a train wreck in transfer market.

John Arne Riise was great for Liverpool, Smicer wasn't that bad either...The others yeah wasn't that great, but even Diouf even now has his good moments...He's just a hothead.

Well actautlly, there was a lot of speculation a few days ago. The media don't know everything. Just because the media have been blabbing on about Curbs, K Mac, Sven and Houllier doesn't mean we'll get any of those.

You can't be sure of anything.

Well actautlly, there was a lot of speculation a few days ago. The media don't know everything. Just because the media have been blabbing on about Curbs, K Mac, Sven and Houllier doesn't mean we'll get any of those.

There was also speculation that it was Hitzfeld the week before, Bradley the week before that.

Youve just supported the arguement that we are not that bigger club. We wouldnt get away with it. Wed be punished for tapping up.

No I haven't, I'm not even entering into a discussion about nebulous idiotic concepts like "Big Clubs". No one gets done for "tapping up" anymore, last person was DOL iirc and he was just an idiot for saying what he did. So what if we do get done for tapping up anyway, you still end up with the person you want, and you only get done for it if you don't pay compensation to the other club.

There was also speculation that it was Hitzfeld the week before, Bradley the week before that.

And it certainly wont be Bradley and probably wont be Hitzfeld. By that same token, there's just as good a chance that it wont be Houllier either.

I'm wondering why some people treat the bad speculation as if it's truth and the good speculation as if it's false.