Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

How about someone rings Villa posing as Moyes. Then we'd know what the crack is. Been done before.

brrrrring brrrrrring

Brrrrring brrrrrring

Recep: hello, Aston Villa recruitment office

Impressionist: hi, it’s David here, any progress on my terms and conditions?

Recep: ah yes, all done and in the post, Randy agreed to allowing your next to be conceived here and named Holte.

Impressionist: ok, not sure what that last bit was about but I think I got everything I was hoping for from this conversation.

Recep: no problem, we’ll see you Monday then Mr Beckham, hope your voice is better by then

Brilliant

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just come from the Wrexham club shop, buying a new tracksuit and I over-heard murmerings of Dean Saunders' last game being this Sunday against Newport County before a trip down the M6.

Given Wrexhams performances, it might be his last game, but not because he's choosing to leave...

Not at all ITK but if it was KMac reckon Staunton would be his Asst Manager and Saunders 1st team coach!

How about someone rings Villa posing as Moyes. Then we'd know what the crack is. Been done before.

brrrrring brrrrrring

Brrrrring brrrrrring

Recep: hello, Aston Villa recruitment office

Impressionist: hi, it’s David here, any progress on my terms and conditions?

Recep: ah yes, all done and in the post, Randy agreed to allowing your next to be conceived here and named Holte.

Impressionist: ok, not sure what that last bit was about but I think I got everything I was hoping for from this conversation.

Recep: no problem, we’ll see you Monday then Mr Beckham, hope your voice is better by then

Or it will be 'Where are you, you ginger clearing in the woods, get down here fast, we got some greying, old drunk down here claiming he used to play for us and has Premiership experience'

Hoping the Donadoni rumours are just that, rumours, his only big job was national post, he made mess of that also made mess of napoli and Genoa, rarely lasted more than 12 months in any job and has left some clubs in really bitter circmstances. Great player but poor manager, only redeeming feature would be knowledge of italian market due to time as national manager.

It really irritates me when people repost articles that have been posted 5 pages ago

Hope that wasn't aimed at me.

Page 469, nothing about Donadoni.

Yeah I think it was mate. It was one of the fresh news articles this morning, and its been posted about 4 times already.

Impossible to tell though without lots of reading. :)

I've just come from the Wrexham club shop, buying a new tracksuit and I over-heard murmerings of Dean Saunders' last game being this Sunday against Newport County before a trip down the M6.

Given Wrexhams performances, it might be his last game, but not because he's choosing to leave...

Not at all ITK but if it was KMac reckon Staunton would be his Asst Manager and Saunders 1st team coach!

Saunders might be a good coach but he's proving not to be a very good manager unfortunately.

It really irritates me when people repost articles that have been posted 5 pages ago

The speed this message board moves at makes it nearly impossible to read everything. Even just from the morning it may be well over 10 pages or so of reading. If it's a slow moving thread then fair enough but this one's going like the clappers.

You know this big club thing, its a silly red herring. Whats going on here is that we appear to be limiting our choices to managers who aren't in work or in Houllier's case, can easily be freed from their contract. We appear to be unwilling to pay anyone compensation for their manager so because of that those managers who are under contract but might be willing to move are hardly going to stick their necks out and hint that they may be interested via agents and the like. Also the appearing to be unwilling to compensate also rather hints that there is no money to spend and few managers in the top brackets are interested in the kind of work that involves, wheeler dealing and minuscule budgets. In short, right now, we're sending out all the wrong messages and are attracting all the wrong candidates

Its not as easy as that though is it?

For all we know we could have approached, Jol Moyes Hiddink whoever, all could have said no before we even had chance to pay compo.

Donadoni! Ace :D

Donadoni in for Villa job

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

:notworthy:

Donadoni makes Phil Brown look good.

What the hell have you lot been talking about!??

Has there actually been any news in the last 24 hours or just the fact that "Sven's been ruled out", "Donadoni wants it" and "Houllier's in pole position"... which the papers obviously got from VT..

What the hell have you lot been talking about!??

Has there actually been any news in the last 24 hours or just the fact that "Sven's been ruled out", "Donadoni wants it" and "Houllier's in pole position"... which the papers obviously got from VT..

Not really. Everyone's just speculating.