Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to cringe everytime I heard Bob Bradley do a pre/post match interview if he was every employed as manager of our club...

'A great game of soccer here today, two great soccer teams, some great interceptions and good stops from the goal tenders. we are on the up and we are in the lead for the Preeeemieeer cup'

Looking more and more likely that they're after someone who is already in a job. That's the impression I'm getting.

It's good that the club is taking its time. We have to think long-term.

flick to SSN bob bradley has officially confirmed his aston villa intrest and the only reason i would see him doing this if he was likely to get the job bad times :( so long to villa ever being sucessful

ludicrous. Soutgate, Sven and Maradona have all declared their interest too. They can't all get the job!

I hope what they are thinking is, give maybe MacDonald the rest of the year, relatively small wages, won't cost much, probably at worst, we'll finish around 12th I'd suspect, but while that's happening, get in touch with Ajax over Jol or whatever to come in for the summer and where we can build again with a decent budget.

flick to SSN bob bradley has officially confirmed his aston villa intrest and the only reason i would see him doing this if he was likely to get the job bad times :( so long to villa ever being sucessful

ludicrous. Soutgate, Sven and Maradona have all declared their interest too. They can't all get the job!

I don't know about that. Sven as the manager, Southgate as his assistant, Bradley as the motivational coach and Maradona as Hercules' new best friend. :D

They don't count though, they weren't on SSN. Durrr.

I hope what they are thinking is, give maybe MacDonald the rest of the year, relatively small wages, won't cost much, probably at worst, we'll finish around 12th I'd suspect, but while that's happening, get in touch with Ajax over Jol or whatever to come in for the summer and where we can build again with a decent budget.

Although I completely agree with what you say there, don't you think us finishing 12th will set us back a few years?

Especially with the 'bigger boys'...

Although I completely agree with what you say there, don't you think us finishing 12th will set us back a few years?

Well I said at worst, I think under MacDonald, despite sunday, we'd still finish top half!

Also, I don't think it matters too much, look at Spurs, they had a bad year or so and bounced back strongly. Just about getting the right man, as long as we have the same squad and say Jol is given a bit of money to spend, I think we'd be straight back around the top 6 again.

Well I said at worst, I think under MacDonald, despite sunday, we'd still finish top half!

Also, I don't think it matters too much, look at Spurs, they had a bad year or so and bounced back strongly. Just about getting the right man, as long as we have the same squad and say Jol is given a bit of money to spend, I think we'd be straight back around the top 6 again.

Yeah, I can see the logic in that..

It will just be a hard pill to take to see us drop down the league after three 6th place finishes, but if it benefits 'our' club the following season then it makes sense..