Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas Schaaf/Michael Laudrup/Ronald Koeman usually get the shout in Football Manager.

4 test saves I've run to see who gets the job, and 4 times its been Dave **** Jones from Cardiff

**** me don't say that. I dreamt the exact same thing last night.

Who do you think we should get Reality?

(I know it will probably be Jol)

Why not? I think he could do a decent job. Hitzfield as well could do a good job. Frank Rijkaard is in Turkey at the moment, and expressed an interest in managing in England in the past.

Ranieri?

They would all be better than some of the current names. Do you not think so as well?

Once again one you keep ignoring.

What if Jol doesn't want to come?

The Times Podcast this week brings up some good points.

Basically saying that Villa are too good to finish outside the top 10 in the Premier league because of how poor a lot of the league is. We're also not good enough to finish top 4 regardless of who we get so why not take a gamble? Why not appoint a lower league manager, like Grayson or O'Driscoll give them a couple of year deal on lower wages and see what they can do....

MON was taken to Leicester under similar circumstances from Norwich and proved himself.

Why go out and rush around to appoint the obvious contenders Sven, Curbs etc.

Was Moyes not taken from the lower leagues as well?

Basically saying that Villa are too good to finish outside the top 10 in the Premier league because of how poor a lot of the league is. We're also not good enough to finish top 4 regardless of who we get so why not take a gamble? Why not appoint a lower league manager, like Grayson or O'Driscoll give them a couple of year deal on lower wages and see what they can do....

MON was taken to Leicester under similar circumstances from Norwich and proved himself.

While I see your point and suggested O'Driscoll/Lambert myself - we are NOT too good to finish top 10th or even go down. Its that sort of attitude that gets us battered up at Newcastle.

While I see your point and suggested O'Driscoll/Lambert myself - we are NOT too good to finish top 10th or even go down. Its that sort of attitude that gets us battered up at Newcastle.

No no, its not my point.

It was what they were discussing on the podcast.

That there are a lot of terrible teams in the premier league, we are not one of them the quality of player we have should keep us in the top 10, so why not give a lower manager a chance.

No no, its not my point.

It was what they were discussing on the podcast.

That there are a lot of terrible teams in the premier league, we are not one of them the quality of player we have should keep us in the top 10, so why not give a lower manager a chance.

Apologies

Well i do agree with them to an extent, but not on the not finish in the top 10 bit.

I do of course expect us to finish in the top 10, but it wouldnt be a miracle if we didnt.

I thought we were getting a manager in before the Newcastle game regardless. We should have either got a manager or given it Macdonald.

/hindsight.

Well this is why I think none of the favourites are going to get it.,. I think they already would have it. On the other hand they may have been planning to give it to kev mac but I just cant see it based on the fact hes never actually said he wants it

I thought we were getting a manager in before the Newcastle game regardless. We should have either got a manager or given it Macdonald.

/hindsight.

Well this is why I think none of the favourites are going to get it.,. I think they already would have it. On the other hand they may have been planning to give it to kev mac but I just cant see it based on the fact hes never actually said he wants it

well hes not said it in public, but you never know what hes said to Randy

I thought we were getting a manager in before the Newcastle game regardless.

I think it was made clear that Randy didn't mind waiting as long as it took to get the right man in. I don't recall any reliable source saying their would be a new manager in place by the newcastle game.

Might have missed this in the 200 odd pages but what about Pellegrini? He has done a great job with villareal and Real Madrid. What's he doing now, surely he would be interested.

Hiddink, i'd put up with him carryin on with the Turkish job if he managed us as well.

Rijkard is at Galatasary? surely he could be tempted.

These are the kind of caliber we need, not curbishley and the others that have been mentioned.

Whoever is the new manager will need some funds though to play a system they want to, maybe that's what Randy is worried about, hence name a successor after the window has closed.

I'm guessing since there's no new news that KMac will be sorting the team for Thursday's IMPORTANT Europa League game?

Err well he is still the caretaker manager.

So i'll hazard a guess thats what he will be upto.