Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was only 1 game so wont overreact but that 16-1 I backed him for looks tasty now.

Football was outstanding today like a breath of fresh air. Carew looked unplayable with all the ball to feet.

My main problem with Kevin Mcdonald is that he hasn't got reputation to persuade players to the club.

He is a very good coach though.

He won't have to if he is successful because players want to play in good teams.

Let's not get carried away, we won today and have played some brilliant stuff but so many caretakers have taken full control and done well at first only to get bogged down. I am not taking anything away from KM because he is a great man to have at the helm to steady the ship. Well done today KM and the boys! UTV

One game. One game. It was a really good game, but against a poor side. The worst thing we could do now is through all objectivity out the window and let Kev have it just because he helped us beat a very crap West Ham.

lets not get carried away guys. it was one game and yes we was amazing and yes it was an amazing showing for us all to see but it was West Ham it wasn't Arsenal or someone like that. I think there isn't a rush at the mo and im happy for kev to sit in the hot seat until a TOP manager can be brought in.

UTV :)

My main problem with Kevin Mcdonald is that he hasn't got reputation to persuade players to the club.

Bring in a DoF with KMac as coach?

Who for DoF?

I'd love Taylor. I was bought up on Taylor's Villa and he pulled some amazing players out of obscurity.

i see no reason why we cant just give him a few months and then get someone then if it has gone peer shaped. He just looks like he commands respect. They all looked happy and comfortable playing confidently.

I doubt Mac would be considered for the position, but if we keep playing like this it takes the pressure off Randy and the board to be in a rush to bring players in, and then you never know.

Who for DoF?

I'd love Taylor. I was bought up on Taylor's Villa and he pulled some amazing players out of obscurity.

I wouldn't be against it. I have a feeling the DoF is a route Randy will go down and if it works in every other league then I see no reason why it can't work here.

The English football culture just isn't used to it.

Said before today if we're going to gamble on anyone it should be Big Mac.

No disrespect to him but today was MON's team, MON's tactics, we still played to cross and nothing through the middle.

Hopefully he will begin to put his stamp on things if he is given the chance.

Anyone else noticed Sven summarising on sky this afternoon and curbishley on espn this evening. These whores seem to think that there is a randy curb crawler out and about.

I think it's too early for him personally. He's a great coach and when the new man comes in I'd love to see Kevin Mac as his number 2. He has no experience of the transfer market and unfortunately we need to cut the wage bill. That means he'll be under pressure to bring in replacement players on a budget. I guess he'll be happy to use some of the young players, but he shouldn't use them just because they are there, they'd have to be good enough.

That cock Pat Dolan on Irish tv has said Bob Bradley was offered the job but this guy is a MON friend so he might be just saying what MON has told him.

The commentator in the game kept saying MON wasted money, was not a coach and vastly overrated. That I found funny as he must have mentioned it 5 or 10 times in game

Actions speak louder than words, and they were some incredible actions!

It's hard to not get excited after a performance like that,. I agree the decision shouldn't be based on one game, but I beg Randy to give him 5 games to see what he's got.

Who for DoF?

I wouldn't be against it. I have a feeling the DoF is a route Randy will go down and if it works in every other league then I see no reason why it can't work here.

The English football culture just isn't used to it.

I think this could with Kevin Mac. He doesn't have the reputation or experience to demand full fiscal control like MON did. He might be happy for that pressure to be taken off him and allow him to deal with coaching the team.