Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Apparantly rumours in Holland are rife that Ronald Koeman is coming to us!! will post a link in a mo!

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/34psk64

No thanks, that would be a crap appointment!

Why?

I know very little about him but wondering why he would be such a disaster.

His managerial career has gone downhill with each job he's taken.

Totally flopped at both Valencia and AZ when he inherited two very good teams. The year before Koeman took over AZ, they had won the league with Van Gaal in charge. Meanwhile at Valencia, they were pretty close to relegation before he got sacked.

Other then that, did an average job at Benfica, won the league a few times with a dominant Ajax and also won the Dutch title with PSV on goal difference, probably his best achievement, but again a team expected to be up there.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betting suspended on most bookies for bradley, ridiculously odds on with others....

They rarely get it wrong..

They suspended betting on Sven a couple of days ago

Betting suspended on most bookies for bradley, ridiculously odds on with others....

They rarely get it wrong..

Of course him not actually leaving the US post till December has no baring at all.

Bookies dont actually get all the facts do they.

Randy wouldn't have even had the chance to meet with anyone face to face. There's no way Randy would appoint someone without meeting them and getting a feel for them & their philosophy. Unless Randy has been talking to Bradley prior to MON resigning.

Can anyone demonstrate any sort of pre-existing relationship between Lerner and Bradley?

Apparantly rumours in Holland are rife that Ronald Koeman is coming to us!! will post a link in a mo!

Why?

From what I remember:

Ajax: didn't do to well. Sacked or quit (can't remember)

Benfica: did alright in CL, didn't win league. Left for PSV before sacked

PSV: Won Erdivisie. Left for Valencia.

Valencia: quit with them doing badly (bottom half even maybe)

AZ: Shit, sacked

Not a brilliant record other than winning Dutch league with PSV- akin to winning SPL with Old Firm tbh.

Ronald Koeman is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for me.

Useless at Az, Ajax, Benfica and worst at Valencia were in one of his 1st acts was to split the dressing room and tell people he would love to manage Barcelona.

As an American, I love the fact that one of our guys is finally getting a look by a top flight European club, I just wish it wasn't Villa.

If Bradley does come, I really wish him the best for Villa and for the sake of US Soccer (sorry, but that's what we call it here after all), but I'm not sold on him as a top class manager.

redscouse

Shame on you. :shock:

Hey, I had just won the WC with Spain, came first in the Euro qualifiers, then O'Neill gets sacked. They didn't even offer me the job. **** em!

Why?

From what I remember:

Ajax: didn't do to well. Sacked or quit (can't remember)

Benfica: did alright in CL, didn't win league. Left for PSV before sacked

PSV: Won Erdivisie. Left for Valencia.

Valencia: quit with them doing badly (bottom half even maybe)

AZ: Shit, sacked

Not a brilliant record other than winning Dutch league with PSV- akin to winning SPL with Old Firm tbh.

Thank you VERY much for a reasoned and informative answer.

Far more helpful than OMG I think I'll shove cyanide up my arse and fart our my season ticket if...

Looking at the bookies I'm all.....don't want.....don't want......don't want.....

I'd rather just stick with MacDonald and see what he can do, or go for someone younger, up and coming (like Grayson) who can come here and build his own team, get our own Moyes so to speak.

10-1 on kev mac.....if we stuff west ham and Vienna and get something from newcastle then i cant see how they would get rid. FWIW we have alot of players with plenty to prove, i can see us winning a few of these opening games.