Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I know Steve Maclaren has just gone to Wolfsburg, but I have a feeling he will be our next manager. His reputation in England may be on the floor after the 'Wally in the brolly', but he did an incredible job getting Twente to win the Dutch league. That's equivalent to Fulham winning the Premiership.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Steve Maclaren has just gone to Wolfsburg, but I have a feeling he will be our next manager. His reputation in England may be on the floor after the 'Wally in the brolly', but he did an incredible job getting Twente to win the Dutch league. That's equivalent to Fulham winning the Premiership.

I wouldn't mind Steve Maclaren, plays football the right way and was very good in last couple of seasons with Middlesborough in this league!

The Bob Bradley story was posted up on the Betfair forum yesterday - would be a massive gamble by Lerner.

I would be very surprised if he were appointed the official manager. Wouldn't he need a UEFA Pro license to actually manage a Premier League club anyway? I'm thinking we might see him in a 2i/c or coaching role with a view to potentially manage down the road.

The Bob Bradley story was posted up on the Betfair forum yesterday - would be a massive gamble by Lerner.

He would be up there with the most disappointing of options for me!

Svens odds are drifting a bit and Bradley is slight fave in the betting now.

Personally think it would be a disastrous appointment.

Agreed. I'd be a horrific appointment actually.

A friend of mine who is close to Vicente Del Bosque's agent says he has thrown his hat into the ring.

Gotta be a wind up right? Coach of the current world and european champions interested in Villa?

If true then **** me that's one major step up from O'Neill! :shock:

The football served up would be pretty boring, instead of just boring. :winkold:

Well, who knows if this has any legs? I don't, but this is one of my closest friends who knows Del Bosque's agent very well. Apparently, he got a big bonus for winning the WC but his basic pay is well under that of many international coaches so he's looking for a move. Aragónes left Spain immediately after the Euros for the same reason.

Whether he'd do any good in England is open to debate anyway. He didn't fare very well at Besiktas. I reckon any decent coach that didn't want to revolutionise the way Spain play football would do well with the current squad of players they have and the style they play, which is why they don't need to pay ridiculous amounts to a foreign coach to dig them out of a hole like we do.

I think folk need to accept they are not going to like the appointment.

Not just because you've never going to please everyone, but there only seems to be Jol and Hiddink who seems to have everyone agreeing.

Its not going to be either of them.

So whoever it is lets support them and see how they do.

Even if it is, god forbid Souness or Hughes!

I think folk need to accept they are not going to like the appointment.

Not just because you've never going to please everyone, but there only seems to be Jol and Hiddink who seems to have everyone agreeing.

Its not going to be either of them.

So whoever it is lets support them and see how they do.

Even if it is, god forbid Souness or Hughes!

You'd support Souness but not MON? You must have really hated the guy.

The Times are reporting that KM will be given the first 4 games in charge and that will cover atleast the next 2 weeks plenty of time to get a replacement and Bradley has only said that he won't be in charge after December not that he is leaving his post NOW.

They've suspended betting on Bradley so it's quite likely he'll be appointed soon.

No it means someone has put down a large bet and they dont want anyone else betting incase someone somewhere has inside info.

That might be the case too. Still the likelihood of us appointing anyone else is getting smaller by the hour. FWIW I am not overly confident about this guy.

I find it amazing that people trot out all sorts of names that are proven failures in English football; McLaren, Ranieri, Scolari, Grant to name a few, yet are completely closed to the idea of having a coach with no previous experience such as Bradley.

When a new manager is appointed you just don't know, and if it is Bradley (presumably with a DOF figure) , then it could turn out to be one of the best things to happen to our club.