Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Who are some of these guys :shock:

I dont know about Eriksson, maybe he is a fantastich coach, but he is like a whore of football. Flirting with so many clubs..

Bob Bradly, hehe his name is funny. But he is from soccer nation, not football, I dont like that ;)

Klinsmann is a huge gamble, so far he seems not be ready for a clubteam job just like Van Basten

Bilic, dont know how he would do in Premier League, as coach of Croatia he is doing alright I guess

Bruce Arena, haha avoid!!

Pelligrini, good choice, was impressed by him as Real Madrid coach

Hitzfeld, to old hmm?

Adams, lol avoid I guess

le Guen, did very well at Lyon!! might be an interesting choice?

Gullit, j/k :lol:

Terim, good coach but doesnt see him fit in Premier League somehow

Rijkaard, good guy, did very well at Barca, still think he is best coaching 'star players' though

All the others I dont know or dont see them coming. From these guys I would pick Pelligrini or le Guen, but there arent known with Premier League hmm. Maybe a good English coach/manager then, I dont know many tbh. Guess I overrated ten Cate, he is not even on the list :D

But I have a feeling that Randy goes after Martin Jol(that's why he takes his time),and then I feel that Jol goes after Luis Suárez.

oh that would be nice :-)

Would be? It is! ;)

If Suarez leaves it will be Spurs I think. They play CL this season, but Suarez is to expansive atm (30-40 million), Ajax might drop the price if we dont reach the group stage of CL.

Happy for you :-) nah we probably end up with Bob Bradly and his son :-(

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Ian Holloway.

For comic effect if nothing else.

He was awesome at Blackpool PC on SSN yesterday... made me laugh!

Just watching interview with Kev Mac on OS & Sir Jack... he comes across well. No wonder Randy is in no rush to appoint a new manager..

Hope he does well.. he was assistant to MON when we won the Peace Cup last summer cos Steve Walford was having a new knee...so he obviously knows the majority of the squad well and he's been at Villa a long time, so he'll know the score for sure.

His son is talented! If I were you I would take Michael without his father ;)

If he dont cost to much, he might be a good choice. I have seen him playing some nice games at Heerenveen, but he made the wrong decision with a low table German team. He was to stubborn to wait for a better team. He can do better than Borussia MunchenGladback ..

And for Jol.. I think he do want to end his career in the premier league, but cant see him leaving this summer, not now. That would be insanly stupid and rude of him. Maybe next year and else in 2 years at the end of his contract.

hitzfeld could be 92 for all i care, he would be amazing, really cant see it though, he should have had the utd job if fergie had followed through with his retirement 3/4 years back IMO

does anyone know if pelligrini speaks english?

Hitzfeld is very close friends with Fergie and I think he told Fergie that he wouldn't want to take on United after Fergie.

Moyes will take over from Taggart.

As for us, I think Klinsmann would see us as a way of proving that he isn't out of his depth in club management. I mean, it's a daunting task for your first club managerial role, 1. taking over at the biggest club in German football and 2. taking over from a football managerial legend in Hitzfeld.

However, I don't see him being Villa boss. Purely because if he is friends with Randy, as we are led to believe, then I think working for Randy becomes a big risk and potentially puts a strain on their friendship. Especially should things not go to plan.

His son is talented! If I were you I would take Michael without his father ;)

If he dont cost to much, he might be a good choice. I have seen him playing some nice games at Heerenveen, but he made the wrong decision with a low table German team. He was to stubborn to wait for a better team. He can do better than Borussia MunchenGladback ..

And for Jol.. I think he do want to end his career in the premier league, but cant see him leaving this summer, not now. That would be insanly stupid and rude of him. Maybe next year and else in 2 years at the end of his contract.

Ok, we can try his son then.. If you like Jol,then I hope he stays.. but let us have the striker then?? :winkold:

Ok, we can try his son then.. If you like Jol,then I hope he stays.. but let us have the striker then?? :winkold:

Haha nooooooooooooooooo

Jol will be yours then. Suarez is king of Amsterdam! 8)

Think about it, if they both come here,then you can have MON and Heskey :winkold:

Haha nooooooooooooooooo

Jol will be yours then. Suarez is king of Amsterdam! 8)

Think about it, if they both come here,then you can have MON and Heskey :winkold:

I dont know much of 'MON' , he might be the right one for us! ;)

And Feyenoord is in desperate need of a striker and dont got money for anyone. We got Heskey then and I feel a plan and another 6 points vs them this season :D

Alright to much offtopic nonsense hehe, back to ajax forums, bye bye ;)

Why is everyone so upset with the possibility of Sven coming?

He actually did well at City (until he knew he was off and they got dicked at Middlesbrough) and his club record ain't half bad.

He made the fatal mistake of becoming England manager (England fans & media will never be happy until we win the World Cup - problem is, our players are shit) and since then nobody has given him a fair chance.

I'd get him in on a one year deal. If he does a good job, then offer him a 3 year contract. He'd have more clout in the Transfer Market than any of the names we are being linked with.