Barry Bannan

villianusa

stats can be manipulated id love to see the stats on all the players that barry bannan played with just during the games we won see where they lie in the equation

I'll be doing an end of season Statacular. Save it for then.

If you think about it though, if Bannan raised the Villa team average with his PPG average, then there must be players who lowered it with their PPG average.

Thanks Barry for the 20 points which helped save us!

Your total lack of penetrating passes which contributed to only ONE goal all season nearly relegated us.

Your back passes which constantly put the opposition through on goal nearly relegated us.

Your corners which constantly went into the keepers hands for a quick counter attack and contributed to ZERO goals nearly relegated us.

Your complete incompetence and open goals missed from 6 yards out nearly relegated us.

Your lack of cover from your deep lying midfield position to our defence nearly relegated us.

Your refusement to retire from the game which has given you so much more than you have given nearly relegated us.

Your drunken nights out and complete lack of commitment to the course nearly relegated us.

You are the weakest link.

I never want to see you in a Villa shirt again.

**** off Barry.

• Like 2

stats can be manipulated id love to see the stats on all the players that barry bannan played with just during the games we won see where they lie in the equation

If you think about it though, if Bannan raised the Villa team average with his PPG average, then there must be players who lowered it with their PPG average.

Your total lack of penetrating passes which contributed to only ONE goal all season nearly relegated us.

Your back passes which constantly put the opposition through on goal nearly relegated us.

Your corners which constantly went into the keepers hands for a quick counter attack and contributed to ZERO goals nearly relegated us.

Your complete incompetence and open goals missed from 6 yards out nearly relegated us.

Your lack of cover from your deep lying midfield position to our defence nearly relegated us.

Your refusement to retire from the game which has given you so much more than you have given nearly relegated us.

Your drunken nights out and complete lack of commitment to the course nearly relegated us.

**** off Barry.

i read this with the song "no charge" going round in my head

He's leaving anyway.

Is this confirmed?

There's a guy on a twitter who sits in the Directors box at VP who tweeted he spoke to Bannan on Saturday who confirmed that he is leaving in the summer due to some sort of breakdown in his relationship with Lambert. Everyone else knows the real reason though... he isn't good enough for a team at the bottom of the PL. :)

Go back about 5 or 6 pages and you'll see quotes of the tweets.

**** off Barry.

i read this with the song "no charge" going round in my head

I had Baz Luhrmann's - "Everybody's Free" in mind. :)

I think the talent is in there somewhere.

He's probably a nice chap but there is an attitude that comes across - and has done since he started breaking through. Who'll forget his myspace page calling Birmingham a 'shit hole'. Not quite the cleverest thing to do.

i think Con and his stats wind people up but some of the criticisms of bannan are an absolute joke. the fact of the matter is that bannan is a gifted footballer who has good aspects to his game and bad aspects, like the vast majority of footballers out there. it just happens that he is not as gifted or simply just does not click with the players in midfield we currently have. I will be happy to see him go because hopefully he'll get a good run of games in a team that suits him better.

Problem is it will mean that some of the miserable sods on here are going to have to find a new whipping boy who they can blindly hate on

i think Con and his stats wind people up but some of the criticisms of bannan are an absolute joke. the fact of the matter is that bannan is a gifted footballer who has good aspects to his game and bad aspects, like the vast majority of footballers out there. it just happens that he is not as gifted or simply just does not click with the players in midfield we currently have. I will be happy to see him go because hopefully he'll get a good run of games in a team that suits him better.

Problem is it will mean that some of the miserable sods on here are going to have to find a new whipping boy who they can blindly hate on

They've already warmed up Clark, another superb footballer we've depended on a lot this season but has not got the credit he deserves.

They've already warmed up Clark, another superb footballer we've depended on a lot this season but has not got the credit he deserves.

Depended on Clark as we were not exactly blessed with options.

Some of the most talented players in the world don't make it as professional footballers because they either don't have the right attitude, aren't physically able to keep up with the game or aren't clever or quick enough mentally to adapt to what is required. Bannan is guilty of all of these things in my opinion so although he might look amazing in training or in 5-a-side but the reality is that he simply isn't good enough for a Premier League club and the sooner he goes the sooner it is better for Aston Villa. When you add on some ridiculous stats on top of this that show his incredibly poor attempts at crossing a football as why he is the one of the best players in the league then of course all you are going to do is attract the criticisms of Bannan and make a mockery out of him.

For all of Con's efforts to convince people all he is done is harden people's opinions of his because his believes are just far too "out there" to be taken seriously.

Clark has made a number of serious mistakes this season - probably around the same amount as Bannan has - though I believe he has a bright future as a defensive midfielder rather than a CB. He could be very good... in a Luiz mould.

Delfouneso is talented too but he looks like he just isn't going to cut it here. And Bannan seems to be heading down that route. Probably has something to do with their egos. You just have to look at Andi to see what it takes to succeed.

You're pushing the narrative that he has "not succeeded". 

You know I don't agree with that, which is why I mention that his points per game average is higher than the teams.

I'm not trying to convince anyone - if anything you are determined to convince me to change my opinion, which I won't.

Weimann vs Bannan. Not sure what you are trying to say here. When I've watched a game, I've seen Bannan work very hard. He runs around a lot and gets stuck in.

That's not his game though so if you want a player who runs around a lot and gets stuck in there are better players than Bannan at doing that.

Bannan will shine in a system that emphasises his best traits, which does not include running around a lot and getting stuck in, though he tried very hard at this this year.

Con, I think you've pushed your ruse a little too far in the last week or so. Showing a ten yard pass to an open player to "illustrate" a point was the last straw really :lol:

Bannan will shine in a system that emphasises his best traits, which does not include running around a lot and getting stuck in

He's a bit short to play in nets though no?