Barry Bannan

villianusa

i'd rather have delph in there than bannan personally
Why? What has he shown this season? I like Delph but he's the one that's been poor this season, not Bannan.

i just think he has more to his game and offers us more options, plus he's more athletic

Why? What has he shown this season? I like Delph but he's the one that's been poor this season, not Bannan.

i just think he has more to his game and offers us more options, plus he's more athletic

Well he's yet to show that this season.

he's had limited chances, he just needs a run in the side and he'll get better

he's had limited chances, he just needs a run in the side and he'll get better

I'm with you SGC, I think Delph has the attributes to play in the PL and is a better prospect than Barry, mainly down to his physical attributes.

The fact that he hasn't looked great in a number of games this season is down to McLeish's poor use of Delph for me - he seems to want to turn him in to a DCM when this has never been, and never will be IMO, Delph's game.

Doesn't mean I don't think Bannan has a shot though, just means I would take Delph out of the two if I had to chose.

Like many, I also see a great player in Delph, but, alas, hasn`t quite clicked yet. I`d say that Bannan is certainly a fighter, and has shown a few good moves thus far this season.

Maybe not as big as Delph, but certainly puts enough effort in to compensate for some of that. Small players can be easily as good as bigger counterparts, even in the defensive.

Shame about the car incident though.

I think we play far too deep for either player to have an effect and there is too much space between the midfield and the attack for the likes of Bannan and Delph to have a real impact, all they can do is sit on the ball and try quick simple passes which when is constantly happening and we are closed down easier, is harder to do.

Delph stepped up to the plate at a difficult stage last season even playing well at LB

Fitness will always be a concern, but I think he's PL class

Bannan, jury still out

I can't see the sense in that at all to be honest, although of course it is all down to opinions. I would say Delph has been average at best in most of his appearances thus far. Bannan has looked far more impressive.

Also, why should fitness still be a concern for Delph? He should be more than fit by now. I think it's time some people stop making excuses for Delph and realise that we paid far too much for him.

There are times when Delph has looked good on the ball, yet I am far from convinced by him. Bannan on the other hand has shown that he has class when it comes to his passing ability.

I suppose time will tell and in all honesty they both have something to prove. Right now though I would say that Bannan looks like the better player of the two, and by quite a distance.

Delph stepped up to the plate at a difficult stage last season even playing well at LB

Bannan, jury still out

I can't see the sense in that at all to be honest, although of course it is all down to opinions. I would say Delph has been average at best in most of his appearances thus far. Bannan has looked far more impressive.

Also, why should fitness still be a concern for Delph? He should be more than fit by now. I think it's time some people stop making excuses for Delph and realise that we paid far too much for him.

There are times when Delph has looked good on the ball, yet I am far from convinced by him. Bannan on the other hand has shown that he has class when it comes to his passing ability.

I suppose time will tell and in all honesty they both have something to prove. Right now though I would say that Bannan looks like the better player of the two, and by quite a distance.

This, completely.

Bannan, jury still out

This, completely.

Also agree. Before his injury I was excited about Delph but he just doesn't look good enough, who knows though he might come good. I think Bannan is far more likely to be a premier league player than Delph.