Barry Bannan

villianusa

The benchmark should not be confined to just AVFC players

It needs to be PL wide

With pleasure...

He is statistically the 75th most creative player (based on goals scored and assists) in the league, having had less game-time than all bar 6 of the more creative players. 208 players in the league have at least either scored or created a goal, the remainder have not.

Only you've got it muddled, if you hadn't skim-read the posts then...

Well in the Premier League assists chart he is joint 40th
He is statistically the 75th most creative player (based on goals scored and assists)
...would have been obvious. :winkold:

75th oh ! I think that says it all really.

Top 10 is "doing very well" not 75th !

We're getting into the realms of arguing over semantics here, though I'd point out that as it's only Bannan's second season of regular first-team PL football, 75th out of the entire league is very good. Top 10 would be sensational, bearing in mind that would put him amongst the likes of van Persie, Dzeko, Agüero, Rooney etc.

Like I said though, semantics (though the statement that "stats suggest otherwise" in terms of him performing well is hogwash and piffle).

he hasn't raped or killed anyone, he has acted like a prize tit but leave the courts to bring him to justice.

He has been by far one of our best players this term and if he can help us defeat the likes of Spurs I couldn't care less if he'd been captured on CCTV stealing a flat screen from Currys during the riots!

I only really care about what he does on the pitch, unless he is doing something directly to another player or staff at the club that prevents them from doing their job properly. Aka John Terry doinking Wayne Bridge's ex.

If his head is in the right place i would start him in a heart beat.

Out of interest, who is he sandwiched between ie. 74th and 76th ?

Ah, we're having great sport you and I. :) I see where you're going with this one, and (rather amusingly) I am duty-bound to inform you that 74th is Nicolas Anelka and 76th is Luka Modric.

And which web source are you quoting in relation to this table ?
transfermarkt.de, which I cannot recommend enough for your statistical needs. :thumb:

Oh and in my book, 20 PL teams, 4 regular midfielders per team on average = 80 players

So 75th out of 80 !! That is not "doing very well" in my book

but its based on all PL players and maybe 6 midfielders per team as thats how many people use

Oh and in my book, 20 PL teams, 4 regular midfielders per team on average = 80 players

So 75th out of 80 !! That is not "doing very well" in my book

but its based on all PL players and maybe 6 midfielders per team as thats how many people use[/]

fair enough, but equally you have the likes of modric with less pitch minutes

Joey Barton is a good footballer. Do I want him at Villa? Hell no.

Why not? Because of the type of person he is - nothing to do with his ability.

Bannan is in the same basket. The only thing going for him is that this is his first offense....

... and, now, his last chance. He's allowed to make a mistake - we've all made them - but he should not be allowed to make another of similar ilk without being shown the door.

One drink driving offence does not put him in the same basket as Joey Barton.

I'm curious....

... how many drink driving offenses does it take?

The only difference between Barton and Bannan is that the later should get another chance to set it right. His footballing ability doesn't excuse his behaviour.

Bannan isn't malicious, stupid though. Barton is just a malicious thug, or has been. We'll see..

Which stats are these?

0 goals from open play

1 penalty (QPR a)

2 assists

If thats "doing very well" I might get my boots out of the garage

:D you do make me chuckle CI

How many games has Bannan even started? 3 maybe 4? He has made like 2 sub appearances so a goal and 2 assists in 3-4 games isn't bad. It's much better than Delph, Ireland, or Heskey.