Barry Bannan

villianusa

As for Cahill I'm probably one of the few who do not hold MoN responsible. I am in no doubt that MoN and many others at the club realised what a talent Cahill was going to turn into. But at the time he was rightly (imo) being kept out of the team by players who were performing well, he wasn't happy to wait for his chance and moved to the then lower placed club of Bolton in order to get his first team opportunities quicker. I'm fairly sure the majority of managers and clubs would have handled the situation in the same way.

Or maybe other clubs wouldnt spend 8m+ on Curtis fecking Davies moving Cahill further down the pecking order.

As for Bannan... love the little guy. Talented footballer, hope he can keep his good form going.

Bannan playing great for Scotland. He needs to be less wasteful though.
He's twenty-one; give him a little more development time and he'll polish up. Frustratingly enough though, I reckon by the time he's in his mid-twenties and has become the sort of incisive, productive midfielder some of us think he can become, he'll be doing it at a club other than Villa.

Bannan playing great for Scotland. He needs to be less wasteful though.
He's twenty-one; give him a little more development time and he'll polish up. Frustratingly enough though, I reckon by the time he's in his mid-twenties and has become the sort of incisive, productive midfielder some of us think he can become, he'll be doing it at a club other than Villa.

I'm not slating him, it's just a part of his game he needs to work on. Apart from that he's brilliant. Wee Barry, MOTM for Scotland yet again (imo).

Fans were singing his name when he went off. Didn't have a spectacularly good game, but did create their two best chances (better chances than the one that lead to the goal). Adam went off four minutes later to silence.

Big game for Scotland on Tuesday. The fact that he and Adam were subbed on 70 and 74 minutes says a lot about who Levein thinks are his most important players.

Fans were singing his name when he went off. Didn't have a spectacularly good game, but did create their two best chances (better chances than the one that lead to the goal). Adam went off four minutes later to silence.

Big game for Scotland on Tuesday. The fact that he and Adam were subbed on 70 and 74 minutes says a lot about who Levein thinks are his most important players.

This.

I bet he's absolutely ecstatic that he might get to line up against Xavi and co. no matter the result.

Scotland midfielder Barry Bannan is a doubt for Tuesday's match against Spain with a heel injury.

Continue reading the main story

There are quite a few niggles but we will get a clearer picture on Monday

Craig Levein

Scotland coach

Midfielders Bannan and Adam were both substituted during the 1-0 win in Vaduz while goalscorer Mackail-Smith and defender Bardsley completed the match.

"Barry Bannan has a gash on his heel and he was uncomfortable this morning," said Scotland coach Levein on Sunday. "It is a really awkward area.

"The doctor had to put some glue on it to hold it together. He is doubtful, but it is very soon after the game to get a clear picture of who is going to be available or not.

http://tiny.cc/xal60

This.

I bet he's absolutely ecstatic that he might get to line up against Xavi and co. no matter the result.

I think its awesome that we have a player of his ability at Villa. He is still very young yet already making himself very known on the International stage. He is becoming a player that every fan just wants to watch/see play. I actually think the time spent under Houllier, Duverne, Pires etc last season, it has brought him on as a player and played a huge part on how he performs now as a player...Because prior to Houllier, MON was thinking of moving him on and out of the club.

I actually think the time spent under Houllier, Duverne, Pires etc last season, it has brought him on as a player and played a huge part on how he performs now as a player.

he spent 3 months under them and one of them is a fitness coach. They were hardly that great. McLeish has done more for Bannan than Houllier did by actually playing him when everybody available and showing confidence in him

I actually think the time spent under Houllier, Duverne, Pires etc last season, it has brought him on as a player and played a huge part on how he performs now as a player.

he spent 3 months under them and one of them is a fitness coach. They were hardly that great. McLeish has done more for Bannan than Houllier did by actually playing him when everybody available and showing confidence in him

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/10/07/gerard-houllier-likes-barry-bannan-to-spanish-world-cup-winning-superstars-97319-27419652/

Houllier and McLeish have both had a hand in helping Bannan progress. One person that hasn't however is that useless prick O'Neill.

What you see from Bannan is all the stuff he learnt under Houllier...Why? Because if you looked between the lines ALL our players were looking better regards vision, passing and movement etc..

Will the progression continue under McLeish? Lets hope so..But on his past record its unlikely.

I would be far happier if;

1, Cowans was back amongst 1st team coaching staff.

2, A better no'2 was installed in place of Grant.

Exactly, the great Houllier only played him when we had injuries. Once everyone was back the kid couldn't get a game.

Exactly, the great Houllier only played him when we had injuries. Once everyone was back the kid couldn't get a game.

He went out on loan because we had Petrov, Makoun, Young and Reo Coker all available for CM with only 5 months of the season to go.. Which no way does it do Houllier any injustice or does it take away any opinions he had on the player..No matter how much you would like to think so..

As I said,Houllier was the manager that properly introduced him, nurtured him, coached him and gave him the confidence to be a great player in the Premiership (as a back up player or not, as it dont matter)...Which was "after" it was almost destroyed by MON.

He went out on loan because we had Petrov, Makoun, Young and Reo Coker all available for CM with only 5 months of the season to go.. Which no way does it do Houllier any injustice or does it take away any opinions he had on the player..No matter how much you would like to think so..

so why didnt he play him as seems Eck rates him over Makoun and N'zogbia who he signed and started him ahead of vs Wigan. Id also have Bannan in my team ahead of NRC as well.

As I said,Houllier was the manager that properly introduced him, nurtured him, coached him and gave him the confidence to be a great player in the Premiership (as a back up player or not, as it dont matter)...Which was "after" it was almost destroyed by MON.

am pretty sure the word removed Holloway did more for Bannan confidence than Houllier ever did,