Barry Bannan

villianusa

Exciting times!

--------------- Siegrist ----------------

Lichaj --- Clark --- Davies --- ?????

------------ ???? -- Delph ------------

Albi -------- Gardner -------- Bannan

------------- Fonz/Gab ----------------

A young side of Villa Youths plus Delph and Davies (I know he is a bit older!) that just needs a holding midfielder and a left back. I suppose we could go 4-4-2 but I prefer the 4-5-1 formation.

Not sure whether Baker, Carruthers & Halfhuid can slot in anywhere.

Atm, that looks like an incredibly weak side. I presume this is all assumption that these guys will be any good. Atm one or two are showing signs of brilliance, but there hardly setting the world on fire like top notch players did at their age

Siegrist - winner of player of the tournament in the youth world cup. Seems pretty good to me??

Lichaj - looks to be developing well and very impressive performance for the US the other week. Which young RB has set the world on fire?

Clark - Which 20 y/o CB has looked better in the Premier League?

Davies - We all have a view on this kid!! Mine is that he could be very good and has shown it in glimpses and, as he matures, will be good.

Delph - the kid that ran the show against Man U at home last season. Looks a real talent to me when put in the right formation/with the right partner?

Gardner - the kid that was discussed alongside Wilshere as the future of England and Rafa wants to take to the European Champions?

Albi/Bannan - we are starting to see them come through now.

Gab - we all know.

The Fonz - the kid who starred for England in the recent U-19 (?) Championships.

Sure they are all just prospects at the minute but as good as any around from what I can see. Who are all these top notch players that set the world alight at their age. Can only think of Rooney, and possibly Bale, although he has taken a bit of time to mature, that have done this in the Premier League of late?

Exciting times!

--------------- Siegrist ----------------

Lichaj --- Clark --- Davies --- ?????

------------ ???? -- Delph ------------

Albi -------- Gardner -------- Bannan

------------- Fonz/Gab ----------------

A young side of Villa Youths plus Delph and Davies (I know he is a bit older!) that just needs a holding midfielder and a left back. I suppose we could go 4-4-2 but I prefer the 4-5-1 formation.

Not sure whether Baker, Carruthers & Halfhuid can slot in anywhere.

Atm, that looks like an incredibly weak side. I presume this is all assumption that these guys will be any good. Atm one or two are showing signs of brilliance, but there hardly setting the world on fire like top notch players did at their age

Siegrist - winner of player of the tournament in the youth world cup. Seems pretty good to me??

Lichaj - looks to be developing well and very impressive performance for the US the other week. Which young RB has set the world on fire?

Clark - Which 20 y/o CB has looked better in the Premier League?

Davies - We all have a view on this kid!! Mine is that he could be very good and has shown it in glimpses and, as he matures, will be good.

Delph - the kid that ran the show against Man U at home last season. Looks a real talent to me when put in the right formation/with the right partner?

Gardner - the kid that was discussed alongside Wilshere as the future of England and Rafa wants to take to the European Champions?

Albi/Bannan - we are starting to see them come through now.

Gab - we all know.

The Fonz - the kid who starred for England in the recent U-19 (?) Championships.

Sure they are all just prospects at the minute but as good as any around from what I can see. Who are all these top notch players that set the world alight at their age. Can only think of Rooney, and possibly Bale, although he has taken a bit of time to mature, that have done this in the Premier League of late?

Fabregas, Owen, Anelka, - all single handedly winning games at a younger age.

I like your optimism, I really do, and i hope your right, but i dont share it at present.

Two of them are strikers. And one is a midfielder who has always had good strikers with 'em.

Clark is one of the most exceptional young players ive seen in a long time, Bannan has a touch of gold.... he made his first ever league start in the top flight and bossed a Fulham midfield containing Danny Murphy and Jonathan Greening... ALbrighton is a better distributor of the ball than most wingers in the PL. Nowt wrong with optimism.

Two of them are strikers. And one is a midfielder who has always had good strikers with 'em.

Clark is one of the most exceptional young players ive seen in a long time, Bannan has a touch of gold.... he made his first ever league start in the top flight and bossed a Fulham midfield containing Danny Murphy and Jonathan Greening... ALbrighton is a better distributor of the ball than most wingers in the PL. Nowt wrong with optimism.

It's hard to disagree with those statements, experience will only make them better. We have to be careful not to build them up to quickly though.

From what ive seen from Bannan, He looks like a very promising player. He has vision and flair which is something we have been missing from the final third for a few seasons now. Its early days yet so we shouldnt let our expectations run away with us just yet....

Who are all these top notch players that set the world alight at their age.

Gerrard, Giggs, ronaldo (brazil), best, messi, Van basten just off the top of my head to add to the other ones.

It's great being optimistic but it's pretty stupid to predict big things because so many promising youngsters have gone on to achieve **** all in the game.

I think all we can do is hope for the best and take what comes. Barry has already come further than a lot of people thought he would (me included) and I think he can go further still, personally I love watching him playing for the first team, it's one of a very limited things that excites me about Villa at the moment.

This is one of the reasons I am happy to see how things go. I would rather us finish 6th with a team full of 'our own' than see a Man Cittee spunkfest leading to nothing!

Bannan, Clark, Delfonso and Albrighton on Saturday was a joy for me.

A-B-C-D

Betcha didnt notice that!

And the best thing is, Delfouneso is the only one out of them that hasn't been good this season (I'm being harsh on him, he's had one game) and the other three have signed lovely long contracts and Clark and Bannan are on the verge of being internationals.