Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats how Randy Lerner builds a winning team, er by selling all the best players.

Seriously, the mans f**king deranged. Even Ellis wasn't this bad when he hears the lure of the £££££.

A couple of f**king mosiacs and a refubished pub are not adequate compensation for selling your best players every year.............................

What he hell is going on at Villa??? What the hell happened last season for Brad Friedel to change his mind? Then Young, then Downing??? All wanted to sign new contracts, but something made them change their minds?? WTF???

Young- He found out United were in for him.

Downing- He found out Liverpool were in for him.

Friedel- We would only offer him a one year contract.

not fussed at all to be honest, hes had the kind of season you'd expect from a £12m player, nothing special, and he is a bottler when it comes to tackles.

am concerned about the quality of replacement we get for him though.. n'zogbia should have been youngs replacement, who will be downings?

Downing is nothing more than a good and very stable player, not at all brilliant, but he was together with Bent our top player and now he is lost.

What worries that shit out of me is that the man to replace our key players is named Alex McLeish and has not got a clue

I cringed with disgust when the woman on SSN said that Downing is going to a top Premier League club after one good season. Wasnt there a day when we were up there too?

Randy Lerner has finally shown that we are indeed a selling club. He could have kept Downing for 1 more season and still got £17million. No amount of bullshit from the General can hide the fact the ambition is gone and we are a club happy with midtable.

I'm not usually one for the doom and gloom merchants we see on here, but between Young going, the dithering over Given and N'Zogbia(if we're even interested) and now Downing all but confirmed as sold i'm really struggling to remain optomistic about the season(s) ahead.

The only thing that can turn this around for me is if we now go and spend £30-40m on qaulity players. Given and N'Zogbia will do for starters, get them in ASAP because the further this goes on the more unsettled us fans become and that'll start to trickle through to VP and the players/staff.

Really frustrating time to be a villan. :(

Alex McLeish has also earmarked Aiden McGeady as a possible target with reports the former Celtic winger is unsettled at Spartak Moscow.

oh dear..

**** ME. I knew it would be a shit summer. Are you all finally waking up now? Jesus christ.

Â