The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

The type of player Grealish is, he will learn nothing playing in a struggling side such as notts county.

Id never agreed regards him going out on loan because i believe he is good enough to get a run out in the odd game as a sub.

I dare to say it but i dont know if he is the type of player Lambert likes. I.e he has creativity and isnt an ABC player.

People will come back that he isnt strong enough, well he was as strong as Bennett last year and he got playing the full season.

Last point, Grealish will offer u more coming on as a sub as Bowery would on the wing. Cardiff game as an example.

First point, he will gain experience of playing regular football, the build up, the mental state of playing for points that mean something. It will also help him grow as a player and ensure he is not one of those players who wants to play at this level when he's older. If Lambert didn't like him why did he use him in pre-season, why did he say the boy is talented at the fans forum but says needs experience. The lad is 18 years old, its better for him to be playing than bits of first team football. Bowery wasn't bought on as a winger against Cardiff he was bought on to play up front. Jack will come back more determined to make that step up from this experience IMO. We have seen with the Fonz, by bringing him in too early, the kid thought he had made it, not saying Jack will be the same but it happens. The way Carruthers has been built up to be some of midfield maestro, can't even get into the MK Dons side. Gabby was atrocious in his loan spells, but he came back more determined to put in all the effort to ensure he does not play at that level again. He is only on loan till Jan anyway, so he may be back and also may be a reason why PL is not looking at wingers as he has two in our youth set up who have the attributes to be really good i.e. Grealish and Graham.

Agree entirely with that.

I'd also add that when a youngster goes on loan to a side lower down the divisions, they're playing with guys who's bonuses for winning and/or clean sheets make a real difference to their wage packet every week; especially in this day and age when the youngsters going out on loan are probably on a higher wage than most league 1 or 2 players!

Yeah nots county are really doing the business and helping him develop. If we were going to loan him out it should have been to a top team in lg2 instead of a crap one in lg1. U not wonder why he was fed up of it.

When's his loan up?

Given how combative Shaun Derry was as a player, it leads me to think he'll want a team of battlers to try to get Notts out of the relegation zone so Jack might struggle to get starts. We'll see but there's no need to panic as he's only 18 and already gone out on loan which is a good sign compared to the likes of the Fonz and Bannan who never went on loan until their 20s.

Hope he comes back. Seems like he is doing good. Still worried that just throwing him in the pl might be a bit to much but he has delivered at least.

Thats why we give him 15 mins here 20 mins there as a sub. Very little pressure on him then

Hope he comes back. Seems like he is doing good. Still worried that just throwing him in the pl might be a bit to much but he has delivered at least.

Thats why we give him 15 mins here 20 mins there as a sub. Very little pressure on him then

Ross Barkley seems to cope. Yes he is physically bigger than JG but if you're good enough then you're old enough

Yeah he looked scared last season when he got to try pl. Pre-season really got him going and he has a great start so far this season. He is one of the bigger talents they have had since Rooney though.

To be honest I know to little of Jack, I hope he can be our number 10 but we will see. 

File Jack Grealish under "Needs to learn about mens football" and that is by no means a criticism. This is a kid who has breezed his way through youth football and has always been the one everybody is watching and talking about. Look at how he plays the game with a swagger and an air of confidence.

Kev will be able to give more precise details, but Jack has consistently played a couple of years above himself, was sponsored by Nike at a young age, courted by England and Ireland and on the 1st team bench by 16. As far as I can see, he's gone to struggling Notts County to really learn his trade, to get roughed up by lower league cloggers and to come back a more rounded footballer.

• Like 4

File Jack Grealish under "Needs to learn about mens football" and that is by no means a criticism. This is a kid who has breezed his way through youth football and has always been the one everybody is watching and talking about. Look at how he plays the game with a swagger and an air of confidence.

Kev will be able to give more precise details, but Jack has consistently played a couple of years above himself, was sponsored by Nike at a young age, courted by England and Ireland and on the 1st team bench by 16. As far as I can see, he's gone to struggling Notts County to really learn his trade, to get roughed up by lower league cloggers and to come back a more rounded footballer.

Even if it was criticism id respect your point of view. As ive said if I cant take it then I shouldn't be here.

And yeah I hope so andy.

But none of you lot know how it feels to watch a team play hoofball up to two big strikers up front... ;)

Even if it was criticism id respect your point of view. As ive said if I cant take it then I shouldn't be here.

And yeah I hope so andy.

But none of you lot know how it feels to watch a team play hoofball up to two big strikers up front... ;)

You obviously haven't seen CB and Kozak then haha. Think Grealish deal up in Jan anyway, no doubt they'll try and renew it. But think a few more clubs will be after him in Jan.

And yeah I hope so andy.

wasnt that long ago Martin Oneill was manager ;)

Had a cracking game against montenegro the other day despite them drawing 0-0. The irish press secretary told my dad that Noel King said Jack is a better player than Aiden Mcgeady was at 18 which is quite promising.

Was very unlucky not to have scored on a number of occasions. And after playing well against the faroe islands hes looking in good stead for the weekend.

Long way to go yet but im hoping he can finish the next two months at notts like he and the team started off when he arrived. Otherwise I think the battle for relegation could happen this year for notts.

• Like 2

Â