The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Yea i love stan and all but i think his season on loan was the best thing for him and he seems to have improved a lot. You'd like to tink he'll atleast be in and around the first team next season though instead of buying utter gash like tonev.

I hope he doesn't and becomes Ireland's best ever player just to spite the absolute travesty that is the English national team.

be a good player if he becomes half as good as God ;)

I hope he doesn't and becomes Ireland's best ever player just to spite the absolute travesty that is the English national team.

be a good player if he becomes half as good as God ;)

with twice the knees

On the Ireland call up we have some shit wingers in McGeady and McClean and knowing the way MON plays I can see him taking up the Ashley Young role in the national team. The comparisons with Duff are quite positive and Ireland play Gibraltar in October and think he could be given a game there just to keep him away from England ;)

we have some good young players like Coleman, Brady, Meyler and McCarthy so he could be a vital part of a potential good team for future

• Like 1

Can't wait for him to start playing for us next season! Good with the ball at his feet and can score goals.... more than what our current wingers can do! play him on the right of Benteke and let the goals rain in! =D

I think he wants to play for England long-term

'You never know what's going to happen' - Grealish coy on international future

Hopefully he is playing for us at the start of next season and he can get into the England U21s.

Would it not be better for Villa if he chose Ireland over England. Very few Villa players get called up to the England squad and when they do they usually leave us. See Downing, Barry, Young. It seems to be the mentality that you have to play in one of the bigger teams to play for England.

Also he would be under a lot less media pressure/abuse playing in the Ireland squad and would have a far better chance of becoming an Irish cult hero than an English one. And lets be honest its much more fun being an Irish one.

So from a Villa point of view I definetely hope he stays with Ireland. And its nothing to do with me being Irish either. Honest.

• Like 2

I kind if want him to play for England because I'm hoping he becomes really, really good and it'd be a shame to miss world cups, but obviously it should be more about which country he'd rather represent.

It's an assumption to think he'll miss out on World Cups if he opts for Ireland.  It wasn't so long ago (for me, anyway!) when Ireland were qualifying for World Cups and England weren't.  As someone else has pointed out, there's some decent young players coming through for Ireland now  - who knows what will happen in the future?  Success comes in cycles.

Hopefully he is playing for us at the start of next season and he can get into the England U21s.

Would it not be better for Villa if he chose Ireland over England. Very few Villa players get called up to the England squad and when they do they usually leave us. See Downing, Barry, Young. It seems to be the mentality that you have to play in one of the bigger teams to play for England.

Also he would be under a lot less media pressure/abuse playing in the Ireland squad and would have a far better chance of becoming an Irish cult hero than an English one. And lets be honest its much more fun being an Irish one.

So from a Villa point of view I definetely hope he stays with Ireland. And its nothing to do with me being Irish either. Honest.

Produced more England internationals than any other club.

Produced more England internationals than any other club.

Since the beginning of time or...?

He should pick whichever nation he feels he belongs to really, i wouldn't like him to pick ireland because he'd have more chance of making the team or vice versa. I get the feeling he identifies more with ireland though.

it probably helps him though that Clark and Carruthers are there as he knows people. Don't think Villa players even make the Under 21 squad now for ENgland

I think he feels more English and he only plays for Ireland because it allows him to play at a higher level - Ireland U21s as opposed to England U19s.

I think he feels more English and he only plays for Ireland because it allows him to play at a higher level - Ireland U21s as opposed to England U19s.

And that's based on what exactly? :lol:

Â