The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd like him to be a bit more selfish at times. Found the moment I was on about yesterday

ed7e1e1539727734caca4761e8a4d272.pnga322589256703221685c10e4acfc180e.png

He's in a fantastic position but unfortunately tries to lay it off to Trezeguet. I just think go for it, be selfish. The one side of his game that I think lets him down at times. 

Yep he's made the wrong decision there. Watching it in real-time the goal didn't look as exposed as it does in that second picture, but you'd want him to try and slot it in from there.

I like the fact he's not an instinctively selfish player though.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I'd like him to be a bit more selfish at times. Found the moment I was on about yesterday

ed7e1e1539727734caca4761e8a4d272.pnga322589256703221685c10e4acfc180e.png

He's in a fantastic position but unfortunately tries to lay it off to Trezeguet. I just think go for it, be selfish. The one side of his game that I think lets him down at times. 

He tried to recreate that goal he set up for Hourihane 2 seasons ago against...I wanna say Barnsley? It was almost identical. He'll soon find out what works and what doesn't in this league. Give it a few weeks and Jack will be back to his very best. Took Wesley 3 games and John 2, but Jack tries a lot of different things in a match so it might take longer for him. Still very influential and important to our team though. Just not tearing it up like we'd hoped yet.

A lot of fans want Jack to be spectacular. While I can understand why, I also think we should be appreciate how at times he is the oil that greases the engine, quite unspectacular and a calming influence. He does a huge amount during games that isn’t flash and is very much about the team. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Call me deluded but i think McGinn, Grealish and Luiz is a top 6 midfield on paper.

It does sound crazy but United have Lingard, Mctominay and Pogba. Are they much better than our 3? 

I like our midfield 3. We just need to sort out the wingers and the fullbacks and we’ll be just fine. 

8 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

A lot of fans want Jack to be spectacular. While I can understand why, I also think we should be appreciate how at times he is the oil that greases the engine, quite unspectacular and a calming influence. He does a huge amount during games that isn’t flash and is very much about the team. 

Jack is meant to be spectacular.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Call me deluded but i think McGinn, Grealish and Luiz is a top 6 midfield on paper.

Leicester's midfield of Ndidi - Tielemans - Maddison is also very good but I agree, we're up there. Everton's midfield, on paper at least, of Gbamin - Delph - Sigurdsson is up there too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Jack is meant to be spectacular.

He was in The Championship but we’re not in The Championship anymore. Now, that we’ve stepped up to the Premier League, he is beginning to be found out in my opinion. He’s not having the same influence on matches like he did last season against lesser opposition. He shouldn’t be captain in my opinion either, it’s not the Jack Grealish show, the captaincy should go to Mings in my opinion 

He is doing the exact same in Premier League.

That assist to Luiz against Bournemouth was brilliant. Watching how much Spurs struggled against a rigid Newcastle just reminded me how lucky we are to have Jack in our team.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He is doing the exact same in Premier League.

That assist to Luiz against Bournemouth was brilliant. Watching how much Spurs struggled against a rigid Newcastle just reminded me how lucky we are to have Jack in our team.

In my opinion, some matches are passing him by and you don’t notice him. He is not having the same impact that he had in The Championship. Mings has stepped up with ease, Grealish is being found out in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, some matches are passing him by and you don’t notice him. He is not having the same impact that he had in The Championship. Mings has stepped up with ease, Grealish is being found out in my opinion 

Just because he isn't scoring goals and making assists every game doesn't make he doesn't have an impact. It was he's quickly taken freekick that ended up in a goal against Everton.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We've played 3 games ffs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Just because he isn't scoring goals and making assists every game doesn't make he doesn't have an impact. It was he's quickly taken freekick that ended up in a goal against Everton.

How so? Isn’t that what attacking midfielders are judged on? The free kick against Everton was simple, any Tom, Dick or Harry could’ve done it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How so? Isn’t that what attacking midfielders are judged on? The free kick against Everton was simple, any Tom, Dick or Harry could’ve done it

Any Tom, Dick or Harry wouldn't have the awareness or speed of thought to survey the situation and play the quick free quick. He also drew the foul to get the free kick by winning the ball and dribbling past 2 players. 

It's always been like this, even in the Championship. Jack excels at getting the "assist for the assist". He starts all of our dangerous moves. We wouldn't have scored that goal if it weren't for Jack starting that move.

People think if he's not flashy or scoring goals and getting assists then he's not doing anything. We saw this in the Championship too. As soon as he was out of the team, we realized how important he was. We wouldn't have got promoted without him, but if you were to believe some of the people on here last season, he was ineffective and overrated. 

• Like 2

Â