Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Wayward Pines..........wow

not a spoiler really. But just in case

Episode 5 is the big reveal which is supposedly a mind blowing twist. Tempted to read up on the books as I'm not sure I can wait that long.

Want to know? After reading all 3 books i can ensure you they are worth reading if your liking the slightly tv movieish series so far.

Is Bates Motel worth watching?

I'd say yes.

It's not the best thing you will see, but it's decent and the kid who plays Norman bates is very good.

If you have got loads on the go, then might be worth waiting until your pickings are slimmer, but if your looking for something to fill a gap, then it'll do the job.

Started the second series of The Fall.

Still no Mark E, but Gillian... :wub:

Ah too late, its poor. Not Homeland second series poor; but its still pretty bad after a cracking first series.

I thought it was good but the last 2 episodes was shit

Really enjoy Bates Motel. Freddie Highmore is just outrageously creepy as Norman Bates and the relationship between him and his mother is just a Freudian wonderland.

• Like 1

Have we discussed Vikings on here?

Been really getting into it. Probably one for watching all in one go at the end of each series - I found I couldn't stand waiting to watch the next episode.

The acting is excellent for a miniseries, and the script at times borders on genius.

The poisoning scene in (I think) episode 3 of the latest series is one of the funniest, darkest, most brilliant pieces of tele I've ever seen.

season 3 of Vikings is not great - its all gone a bit supernatural & religious.

S1 & S2 were fantastic.

it started well but got strange halfway through :(

Ah, here we go!

Tbf, I think (and hope) the religious angle is leading up to cover the historical conversion of Scandinavia to Christianity. On the other hand it might be that the History channel has some religious nuts in the boardroom: They certainly didn't hesitate to pick up the dreadful Duck Dynasty when its previous channel dumped it for bible bashing.

Either way it doesn't really put me off: The plot, casting, script, and historical plausibility make it riveting viewing imo.

it started well but got strange halfway through :(

Ah, here we go!

Tbf, I think (and hope) the religious angle is leading up to cover the historical conversion of Scandinavia to Christianity. On the other hand it might be that the History channel has some religious nuts in the boardroom: They certainly didn't hesitate to pick up the dreadful Duck Dynasty when its previous channel dumped it for bible bashing.

Either way it doesn't really put me off: The plot, casting, script, and historical plausibility make it riveting viewing imo.

agreed, but all that 'traveller' nonsense and the being lured into the frozen lake was just a bit stupid.

Edited by ender4

The acting is excellent for a miniseries, 

Why call it a miniseries?  

It has 10 episodes per season, same as Game of Thrones. 

and has already aired 30 episodes in total.

The acting is excellent for a miniseries, 

Why call it a miniseries?  

It has 10 episodes per season, same as Game of Thrones. 

and has already aired 30 episodes in total.

No insult intended. I don't know what newfangled terminology the young people of today use to describe tele-by-installments. Insert the term of your preference and carry on :)

Â