Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Walking Dead is great, it seems cool to hate it these days though.

Been watching Breaking Bad through again as I suggested to my dad he should really give it a shot. Currently on the very last episode, you know a show is great when it's still incredible second time around.

I love it, it's slow and I can see why people don't like it, personally for me it's a lot like the newsroom, if you get the references to real events around the show then the enjoyment of it steps up a level, the JFK episode was brilliant, it also takes a bit of doing to realise but the best characters aren't the main ones, at it's peak Pete Campbell steals it for me

my missus hates both, for me it's 2nd tier, the newsroom unfortunately went too focused on yank politics in the 2nd series, still got high hopes for the final series though, 1st episode about the Boston bombing, that what makes it work

• Like 1

I never really liked the 'event' episodes of Mad Men, I much prefer the self-contained character driven episodes like 'The Suitcase' or 'The Jet Set', but you're right, the main characters at the beginning of are overshadowed as the show moves away from the male dominated early 60s to a more inclusive workplace throughout 60s (how realistic that is I don't know). Peggy is the best character for me, although Pete is great too. I've no idea how it will end, although given Don is essentially a reworking of Gatsby, I have my theories.

Getting board of TWD, I keep noticing mistakes. For example, the most recent episode.

Just before the van crashes, it swerves two or three times - around cars on each side of the road

and then after...

When they are climbing out, a) the **** zombies step back so they can open the door. Then when they look back towards where they came, there are no **** cars other than the one they "flew" over.

Other than that, I am enjoying The Flash... and AHS is good too :)

Been watching red dwarf box set and season 5 disk is missing. Gutted it's probably the best full season.

So what is it?

Been watching red dwarf box set and season 5 disk is missing. Gutted it's probably the best full season.

So what is it?

• Like 1

Finished the leftovers, really enjoyed by the end, as others have said great score, great that they could take sidesteps and do whole episodes on secondary characters, my main concern that it could go anywhere actually became a bit of a plus, they can go in so many directions with it, still not convinced by the mental health stuff or the sons story arc, Nora is a great characters were the GR

So what is it?

So what is it?

I've never seen it before, no one has. But I think it's a White Hole

• Like 1

Â