Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Haha.the osbournes was funny but it did turn him into a bit of a joke, but that's ozzy. People could not believe it was real. Loveable rogue and one crazy bastard

It wasnt real. The situations were staged and half-scripted, half ad-lib.

I'm not saying that certain elements of their characters didn't shine through, they clearly did, but it certainly wasn't like they left cameras in their house and let them go about their daily lives. They definitely exaggerated and played up to the cameras.

It's the same with all these shows like Jersey and Geordie Shore,  TOWIE, Made in Chelsea. The Osbournes and The Hills were forerunners to these shows. All semi-scripted with the actors appearing more stupid, selfish and dickish than they really are. The Osbournes was the only decent one, the rest are pure trash TV and utter tat.

Edited by Ginko

The Hills, TOWIE and Made iN Chelsea are way more scripted than the other shows.

Jersey/Geordie Shore and The Osbournes are staged somewhat, but they're real people. It is "reality" TV to an extent, it's just that they're put into certain scenarios to make it more "interesting".

Whereas the former shows that I mentioned are genuinely fake. Like storylines, characters etc. They're the new WWF, in that they keep up this pretence, even in public, that it's all real.

Haha.the osbournes was funny but it did turn him into a bit of a joke, but that's ozzy. People could not believe it was real. Loveable rogue and one crazy bastard

I'm not saying that certain elements of their characters didn't shine through, they clearly did, but it certainly wasn't like they left cameras in their house and let them go about their daily lives. They definitely exaggerated and played up to the cameras.

It's the same with all these shows like Jersey and Geordie Shore, TOWIE, Made in Chelsea. The Osbournes and The Hills were forerunners to these shows. All semi-scripted with the actors appearing more stupid, selfish and dickish than they really are. The Osbournes was the only decent one, the rest are pure trash TV and utter tat.

you think ozzy would of done that?? No chance. Ye maybe jack and kelly played up to camera and also sharon but no way would ozzy do that. Ozzy even said 99% of filming they did not use because it was just normal day to day life. They wasted hours of filming doing that show and only used the funny bits and crazy shit

It's the same with all these shows like Jersey and Geordie Shore, TOWIE, Made in Chelsea. The Osbournes and The Hills were forerunners to these shows. All semi-scripted with the actors appearing more stupid, selfish and dickish than they really are. The Osbournes was the only decent one, the rest are pure trash TV and utter tat.

you think ozzy would of done that?? No chance. Ye maybe jack and kelly played up to camera and also sharon but no way would ozzy do that. Ozzy even said 99% of filming they did not use because it was just normal day to day life. They wasted hours of filming doing that show and only used the funny bits and crazy shit

You say that, but... 

I remember dialogue between him and Jack, where Jack was saying basically: "Dad, you should stop doing this, people aren't laughing with you, they're laughing at you". 

Ozzy's reply was something like: "Of course they are, son - I'm in showbiz. It's what I get paid for". 

He may be thick in some respects, but he knows perfectly well what he's doing. 

On a different note - 'Christmas With the Sex Pistols", last night. Absolutely brilliant. 

Anyone watched mad dogs any idea what the end was all about? I don't like the trend of ending a tv series with a figure it out yourself ending , when you have invested time into a series I think you deserve a better payoff then some random end and a get out of it's what you make of it

Edited by phily85

Katherine Merry on Celebrity Mastermind right now, special subject: Aston Villa in the 1980s. 

Did she know her stuff?

Did she win?

She wasn't bad on the Villa, but not good enough on general knowledge. Josh Widdicombe won it. 

Despite how terrible it is, it would feel weird not to have it on in the background on New Year's eve.

True I'll admit.

Charlie Wilson has been superb though.

And downhill it goes with 2 scots doing their "other hit".

Edited by turnbull

Â