Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

At it's peak Lost was right up there with the best shows ever, imo. 

You can't keep it in that bracket because overall it had some major flaws (the big one being the story not really going anywhere for large parts)

But at times that show was excellent.

24 was my TV heroin and Lost and Prison Break were in a similar mould.

Looking back when comparing them to shows I've watched since, they are actually pretty crap, but in a good way.

i cant be doing with cliffhangers

hate tv shows that make you watch next weeks episode because they dont finish the hour you've just watched properly, its a cheap trick IMO, gets people talking and hyping the show

thats why the wire and the sopranos are so high up on my list

• Like 1

I can't help but love cliff hangers while hating them at the same time :D The Netflix model does kind of make them redundant though. Still no harm putting 'wtf' situations into a story though even if it gets resolved by clicking on the next episode.

I have never seen an episode of the Sopranos. 

You should.

Besides watching Season 1 about 5 years ago, I was the same as omariqy, above.

Hadn't watched any of it until about 2 months ago.

I've watched it all now and it's absolutely incredible. I watched the finale a week ago now and I still can't stop thinking about it.

It's fantastic television. And, again similar to Omariqy, it slots in at number 2 on my all time favs. Only The Wire surpasses it.

The wire and the sopranos are easily the two greatest shows ever made.

In regards to which is better I'd have to say the sopranos. Only because the sopranos you could watch again and again. The wire can be a bit slow and depressing at times and I'd find it hard to watch the series again for at least another couple of years.

Saying that season 4 of the wire is the greatest series of any show I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Saying that season 4 of the wire is the greatest series of any show I've ever seen.

Absolutely this.

Said it myself a few times on here. The season finale is the finest 75 minutes of television there's ever been.

Each to their own but I need a payoff. To feel that the time invested in the show was not just time wasted. The show had no payoff they had no idea where they were going with it and it just got stupider and stupider each series until that pathetic ending.

What's exciting about Breaking Bad is how it'll end for example

I did love the first and second seasons of lost though. But stuff like the numbers and the amount of open plot threads that never had any closure or a rubbish conclusion just turned me and many people against the show.

I am a big fan of the current model like Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones etc..

The Sopranos while a great show and definitely worth watching is most certainly the most over rated show of the past decade. Still great though.

The major problem I have with American TV is that they absolutely flog the guts out of it. 

The X Files was excellent for the first 4 series and then went to shit. 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer should have ended after season 4 (do I mean 4? The one where she fights the god?)

Lost went on too long hence the shocking ending. 

The Office USA was never good but ten (10?!) **** seasons? 

Ditto for 30 Rock 

I could go on but they have no concept on when to end it there and leave well alone. Its all driven by $ and IMO the creativity suffers terribly. 

The Sopranos while a great show and definitely worth watching is most certainly the most over rated show of the past decade. Still great though.

Lol your defo trolling here if you think the sopranos is the most overrated show ever

Â