The New Condem Government

bickster

Another bad bad day for the right wing and this Gvmt.

We see Cameron having to grovel and squirm about Coulson - oh the irony when this first broke and some on here said it was one rogue reporter - and we have the continued questioning of IDS and his frankly absurd policies (universal credit especially). Then you have BMA chiefs complaining about the obvious privatisation of the NHS

All this at a time when they are usually only trying to spew out good news in the 12 months leading to a general election.

I see, so whilst we are complaining about austerity we should spend more money to police and then report on Russel Brand and his occult spouting unrealistic views of the world. It all sounds so cute and wonderful but just isnt sustainable. Dont get me wrong I'm not exactly happy with the way either business or individuals have so much wealth and influence, but I would prefer they were here than not, as they tend to be the ones employing a large proportion of the population in the private sector.

I guess what we should do then Comerade, is kick out all the large companies and get everybody working for the state, then everybody can go to food banks - sounds awesome....

Or we can just look at ourselves in the mirror and realise the only one who can change our own destiny and look after us is ourselves, rather than passing the buck on to someone else. This way we can have good lives and be happy with what we have, rather than constantly bitching and moaning about what we dont have and what others do.

Ive just remembered why I only contribute to the running and cycling threads as this is almost as bad as the Paul Lambert and Takeover threads....

Blimey where to start....

So you want to stop freedom of speech, or at least freedom of speech you don't agree with. Meanwhile you are prepared to accept global corporations and certain individuals avoiding tax and amassing huge wealth while people live on food bank handouts because you are scared of the consequences of making these people do what is right.

In my book what we should do is have a  government that tackles the bigger issues, the bigger avoidance of contributing to the wealth of the nation rather than shying away from it because of self interests while picking on the weakest in society. But then a lot of people on the right of the political spectrum don't much like that word society. 

You know I wrote a sentance and then deleted in which I mentioned about 1984 diatribe and I thought I had better not for putting words in people's mouths and then not only do I get a 1984 style diatribe but you decide to put words into my mouth too - nice effort.

Just to make it clear, because obviously it isnt, I said nothing about freedom of speech, I said I didnt want the government (BBC) to spend money listening to it and also giving a reason why the BBC didnt care too much about it, its "my opinion" which you are now saying I want restricted. Typical left wing rhetroic that when people disagree with you that you are trying to take away "freedom" but at the same time wanting the state to control pretty much everything, it would be funny if it wasnt so tragic.

As for picking on weakest of society, I think the main picking here is stories again to suit the "victim" agenda spewed out on here on daily basis, most of the weakest in society is cared for by the state and whilst it doesnt pick up the pieces, it picks up most and then charities try and pick up the rest. Despite being an "unitelligent" runner/cyclist, I do this at least a few times a year to raise money for charity so I can "give back" to society. I like to do this rather than sitting on my arse getting the state to subsidise my smoking and drinking habits and then getting them to pay for my healthcare once I have destroyed my liver and lungs. I prefer to take a pro-active outlook on my life, family and career rather than looking for somebody to do it for me.

I see, so whilst we are complaining about austerity we should spend more money to police and then report on Russel Brand and his occult spouting unrealistic views of the world. It all sounds so cute and wonderful but just isnt sustainable. Dont get me wrong I'm not exactly happy with the way either business or individuals have so much wealth and influence, but I would prefer they were here than not, as they tend to be the ones employing a large proportion of the population in the private sector.

I guess what we should do then Comerade, is kick out all the large companies and get everybody working for the state, then everybody can go to food banks - sounds awesome....

Or we can just look at ourselves in the mirror and realise the only one who can change our own destiny and look after us is ourselves, rather than passing the buck on to someone else. This way we can have good lives and be happy with what we have, rather than constantly bitching and moaning about what we dont have and what others do.

Ive just remembered why I only contribute to the running and cycling threads as this is almost as bad as the Paul Lambert and Takeover threads....

Blimey where to start....

So you want to stop freedom of speech, or at least freedom of speech you don't agree with. Meanwhile you are prepared to accept global corporations and certain individuals avoiding tax and amassing huge wealth while people live on food bank handouts because you are scared of the consequences of making these people do what is right.

In my book what we should do is have a  government that tackles the bigger issues, the bigger avoidance of contributing to the wealth of the nation rather than shying away from it because of self interests while picking on the weakest in society. But then a lot of people on the right of the political spectrum don't much like that word society. 

Despite being an "unitelligent" runner/cyclist, I do this at least a few times a year to raise money for charity so I can "give back" to society. I like to do this rather than sitting on my arse getting the state to subsidise my smoking and drinking habits and then getting them to pay for my healthcare once I have destroyed my liver and lungs. I prefer to take a pro-active outlook on my life, family and career rather than looking for somebody to do it for me.

Daily Mail/Sun reader, I presume? ;)

i don't think that's fair, just because he doesn't agree with you, you shouldn't question his intelligence.

I apologise for the thinly veiled jibe. :mellow:

I was just suggesting that someone posting in here, then slagging off the thread and saying how he prefers other threads, should perhaps then stick to those other threads.

I don't go into the gaming thread and tell everyone in there how crap it is. ;)

I don't see the problem with Rusky Brand. He has some very valid views. I see no problem with him not voting either. There are many that don't vote to prop up what they consider an undemocratic and illegitimate process/system.

Owen Jones - usually completely spot on the money, for me.

Brand is obviously a very accomplished performer, being a stand up comedian and actor etc, but he confuses theatrical presentation with having something interesting to say.  When you listen to or read what he's writtem, it bascially boils down to nothing more than a whimsical "It ain't fair, let's have a lovely revolution".  Utterly meaningless.  At least somebody like Lucas has some actual ideas and policies, even if they are all mainly unachievable.

• Like 1

You know I wrote a sentance and then deleted in which I mentioned about 1984 diatribe and I thought I had better not for putting words in people's mouths and then not only do I get a 1984 style diatribe but you decide to put words into my mouth too - nice effort.

Just to make it clear, because obviously it isnt, I said nothing about freedom of speech, I said I didnt want the government (BBC) to spend money listening to it and also giving a reason why the BBC didnt care too much about it, its "my opinion" which you are now saying I want restricted. Typical left wing rhetroic that when people disagree with you that you are trying to take away "freedom" but at the same time wanting the state to control pretty much everything, it would be funny if it wasnt so tragic.

As for picking on weakest of society, I think the main picking here is stories again to suit the "victim" agenda spewed out on here on daily basis, most of the weakest in society is cared for by the state and whilst it doesnt pick up the pieces, it picks up most and then charities try and pick up the rest. Despite being an "unitelligent" runner/cyclist, I do this at least a few times a year to raise money for charity so I can "give back" to society. I like to do this rather than sitting on my arse getting the state to subsidise my smoking and drinking habits and then getting them to pay for my healthcare once I have destroyed my liver and lungs. I prefer to take a pro-active outlook on my life, family and career rather than looking for somebody to do it for me.

I would suggest that you re-read what you actually posted.

You took issue with spending money on policing a demonstration one which I might add you didn't agree with. In my view you either allow freedom of speech and the right to demonstrate or you don't, being in agreement with the issue shouldn't come into it. So no, I didn't put words in your mouth, its right there in your post. However you seem to have whitewashed the mention of policing out of your post above claiming you were just talking about the BBC. So no you didn't mention freedom of speech but the implication was there.

I'm not even going to get into that last paragraph from you, I'll leave you to your running and cycling at least we know as you always turn right you will get back home.

• Like 2

Despite being an "unitelligent" runner/cyclist, I do this at least a few times a year to raise money for charity so I can "give back" to society. I like to do this rather than sitting on my arse getting the state to subsidise my smoking and drinking habits and then getting them to pay for my healthcare once I have destroyed my liver and lungs. I prefer to take a pro-active outlook on my life, family and career rather than looking for somebody to do it for me.

Daily Mail/Sun reader, I presume? ;)

I use internet/news for information and if for some reason Im going somewhere on a plane/train I will read the telegraph or newsweek/economist. Most political shows I watch tend to be things like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart which is obviously skewed towards American politics.

I do though find your response interesting as you picked out the swipe at benefits rather than the over-riding issue of health in this country and I think this says a lot about the readership of this site that the obesity issues in this country arent considered as important as people not having to work for their benefits.

I understand why someone who isnt interested in games would stay out of the games thread, but this is my interest I just down follow your opinions and months of reading it I feel sometimes that I need to respond. Similar to last time everybody got very defensive and I got moderated. I have noticed that this time it seems to be acceptable to post on poster....

I would suggest that you re-read what you actually posted.

You took issue with spending money on policing a demonstration one which I might add you didn't agree with. In my view you either allow freedom of speech and the right to demonstrate or you don't, being in agreement with the issue shouldn't come into it. So no, I didn't put words in your mouth, its right there in your post. However you seem to have whitewashed the mention of policing out of your post above claiming you were just talking about the BBC. So no you didn't mention freedom of speech but the implication was there.

I'm not even going to get into that last paragraph from you, I'll leave you to your running and cycling at least we know as you always turn right you will get back home.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didnt undertstand what I was writing, my point about poilcing is paying for police to be stood around, people should be able to walk up the street and say what they like (within reason - not sure I would be so happy with a BNP march) without having to be looked after by police as it costs money.

Typical response on the last line, dont have an arguement or adequate response so make a comment about being right wing - pathetic. Again I like to do something constructive rather than screaming victim all the time, but hey  I like to contribute to society rather than leeching off it.

Edited by andyjsg

what you're saying about contributing is commendable and needs more discussion

perhaps we should warn people that a day is coming over the distant horizon when being too fat or unfit or drugged up for no good reason is going to cost you personally more than others - perhaps

it's just maybe I'm touchy today but it's coming over a little bit aggressive

but perhaps I just haven't got into the rythmn of your prose style yet

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you didnt undertstand what I was writing, my point about poilcing is paying for police to be stood around, people should be able to walk up the street and say what they like (within reason - not sure I would be so happy with a BNP march) without having to be looked after by police as it costs money.

Typical response on the last line, dont have an arguement or adequate response so make a comment about being right wing - pathetic. Again I like to do something constructive rather than screaming victim all the time, but hey  I like to contribute to society rather than leeching off it.

Neither do I want or need the benefit of the doubt, neither did I not understand what you posted. You took issue with the cost of policing a demonstration that you didn't agree with, my post was in response to what you posted. Perhaps you should have been clearer about your point. You have now elaborated on it and seem to be saying demonstrations are fine but that they shouldn't be policed, now that really is being unrealistic.

Not quite sure what you mean by "typical response on the last line" who and what is that typical of? 

The comment about turning right was a joke because I didn't want to waste my time debating something with someone who's views seem to be so far removed from my own. So no it isn't that I don't have an adequate response but rather I don't wish to get into a debate with you.

I'm not entirely sure who you think is screaming victim or who you are accusing of being a leech on society, a lovely term that one which really does mark you down as being the charitable middle of the political spectrum kind of fella. Care to elaborate on which members of society you consider leeches or was that an accusation leveled at myself or other people in this thread?

... my point about poilcing is paying for police to be stood around, people should be able to walk up the street and say what they like (within reason - not sure I would be so happy with a BNP march) without having to be looked after by police as it costs money.

In which case you should direct your anger towards those in charge of policing policy (e.g. ACPO) and those who make public policy (i.e. the government - this one and the last one and the next) rather than obtusely take umbrage at the people participating in the march.
  • Like 1

what you're saying about contributing is commendable and needs more discussion

perhaps we should warn people that a day is coming over the distant horizon when being too fat or unfit or drugged up for no good reason is going to cost you personally more than others - perhaps

it's just maybe I'm touchy today but it's coming over a little bit aggressive

but perhaps I just haven't got into the rythmn of your prose style yet

Some of what I have written is probably more aggressive than it could or should be and some is probably being taken as being more aggressive than it is. :-)

My original point is for people such as myself hearing the constant complaining loses its effect and when every small thing is picked up on it becomes a bit "boy who cried wolf" and you get sick of hearing it. I take issue with both ends of the political spectrum and instead of complaining about it, think more about what I want to do and are willing to do to make life a little better for myself and/or others. I dont think alot will change, especially in the short to medium term so for me it is a case of making the best of a good, bad or in my case "some good/some bad" situation.

I sometimes think instead of a march, if people got together and did something good for society, they would get more publicity. There always seem to be marches in London, they seem to blend in together, and lose impact. Now if 50,000 people visited a pensioner for the day, or something like that I reckon the Beeb would be all over it

I actually agree, with your general point that is as I'm not sure 50k people visiting a pensioner would do much good especially for the poor pensioner. :)

But demo's and marches are fairly pointless in my view but I'm still waiting for the no more demo's march with my pen in hand ready to sign up.

• Like 1

Neither do I want or need the benefit of the doubt, neither did I not understand what you posted. You took issue with the cost of policing a demonstration that you didn't agree with, my post was in response to what you posted. Perhaps you should have been clearer about your point. You have now elaborated on it and seem to be saying demonstrations are fine but that they shouldn't be policed, now that really is being unrealistic.

Not quite sure what you mean by "typical response on the last line" who and what is that typical of? 

The comment about turning right was a joke because I didn't want to waste my time debating something with someone who's views seem to be so far removed from my own. So no it isn't that I don't have an adequate response but rather I don't wish to get into a debate with you.

I'm not entirely sure who you think is screaming victim or who you are accusing of being a leech on society, a lovely term that one which really does mark you down as being the charitable middle of the political spectrum kind of fella. Care to elaborate on which members of society you consider leeches or was that an accusation leveled at myself or other people in this thread?

Typical of yourself and others on this thread, I give an example of giving back to society and you turn it into calling me right wing to which I greatly take offence. My point was is I quite literally get off my arse to give back to society and you pretty much codemn that which I can only assume you prefer just to sit behind your keyboard and complain rather than do something about it.

I actually agree, with your general point that is as I'm not sure 50k people visiting a pensioner would do much good especially for the poor pensioner. :)

But demo's and marches are fairly pointless in my view but I'm still waiting for the no more demo's march with my pen in hand ready to sign up.

Yet you condem me for saying its pointless and a waste of money - nice hypocrisy

Typical of yourself and others on this thread, I give an example of giving back to society and you turn it into calling me right wing to which I greatly take offence. My point was is I quite literally get off my arse to give back to society and you pretty much codemn that which I can only assume you prefer just to sit behind your keyboard and complain rather than do something about it.

You take offence to being called right wing yet have used countless labels attached to others and in your first post used the term 'Comrade'. And you want to talk about hypocrisy? Laughable.

I haven't condemned giving back to society, far from it in fact as I'm not the one who considers some members of society 'leeches'. Also you keep labeling me as some sort of leftie, so why would I condemn giving back to society that doesn't make any sense.

As for the "typcial of yourself and others in this thread" line, I don't normally post in this thread so not quite sure how you reach that conclusion.

• Like 1

Yet you condem me for saying its pointless and a waste of money - nice hypocrisy

No... you are just making things up now. If you had said that I wouldn't have disagreed with you but what you posted appeared to be saying people shouldn't be allowed to protest which is a very different thing. It isn't my fault you weren't clear in your original post.

Â