The New Condem Government

bickster

You only have to look at the words used in your post to see you were indeed " complaining " about Boris and were having a dig at him daring to respond to the protesters ... I'd have said therefore the Prescott the comparrison is obvious ... Had Boris run over and chinned one presumably your post would have been a link to the story with a post along the lines of Fair play to Boris as he left hooks a protester ...

True but I'd say the protest(?) group have only succeeded in wining Boris more support so they are in the wrong from that point of view.

I'm sure it will win him sympathy from people who already support him. The behaviour was not however extreme enough to win support from uncommitted people. There was no attack, he was clearly not at risk, it was just heckling.

There are some dangerous things here, from the perspective of tory planners.

It is one more small event which suggest tories are likely to be treated with disrespect, anger, even hatred in public. That is really not something they want to public to think.

It's hard to know from that clip how long it went on, but the impression is that Johnson was too easily flustered. That's pretty much the opposite of the image he likes to portray - a bit like Cameron going several shades of red when someone disagrees with him.

It suggests that walkabouts are not a good idea, unless there is rigid control of who is allowed in the vicinity. That's a blow. They would love to be doing more of the Olympics stuff, wandering around being affable, with crowds going "Oh, did you give us these games, Emperor?"

• Like 1

You only have to look at the words used in your post to see you were indeed " complaining " about Boris and were having a dig at him daring to respond to the protesters ... I'd have said therefore the Prescott the comparrison is obvious ... Had Boris run over and chinned one presumably your post would have been a link to the story with a post along the lines of Fair play to Boris as he left hooks a protester ...

No, I was making fun of him coming across like upper class twit of the year.

He's not going about his "job". His job is Mayor of London, he was in Bristol, campaigning. Campaigning is not "part of his job"

Part of his role is "championing London around the world "

Presumably Bristol is part of the world so Boris might have been doing that while he was there as well , indeed he told the unwashed swearing protesters they " were welcome in London" :-)

Part of his role is "championing London around the world "

Presumably Bristol is part of the world so Boris might have been doing that while he was there as well , indeed he told the unwashed swearing protesters they " were welcome in London" :-)

He was electioneering on behalf of a candidate in the mayoral elections.

Miliband D. has more than a whiff of Blair about him.

and is the reason he didn't get elected leader. The unions in particular did not want a Blair MK II.

They thought red Ed would be more maleable, more open to their ideas/suggestions etc. They may have been incorrect on that. Red Ed clearly wants to stamp his own authority on things, and not be seen as a puppet of those who elected him.

Re: Bo Jo's 'outburst'

It seemed, to a degree, good natured. A light hearted riposte to the vociferous heckling he was getting.

It betrayed his views on protestors/hecklers I guess, or people who don't agree with his policies. But surely most people know that he's an upper class toff already? Not sure it'll have damaged him too much.

• Like 1

Re: Bo Jo's 'outburst'

It seemed, to a degree, good natured. A light hearted riposte to the vociferous heckling he was getting.

It betrayed his views on protestors/hecklers I guess, or people who don't agree with his policies. But surely most people know that he's an upper class toff already? Not sure it'll have damaged him too much.

The thing is Jon, he has previous regarding his "funny" ways and it certainly shows a lot of his (IMO repugnant) personality. Add to that the image that the Tory party are showing lately, with the "plebs" and the various comments re benefit claimants and homeless etc it just adds to the public perception of them being aloof and generally the "nasty party" that many believe. Interesting that Cameron et al are criticized again about his Eton / Bullingdon / Oxford clique that seems to run the country.

All in all more bad publicity to a party that has spent millions on marketing and is headed by a failed marketing man

Wonder how many labour supporters are at home now watching QT realising they let the unions "elect " the wrong brother

What a strange thing to say. DM is a part of the Labour party, one that has his brother as leader. They both went for election and Ed Milliband won that election. It seems that you either a) like what DM is saying or B) admit that leaders are all about style rather than substance?

No wonder the Tory party are in so much dissaray (and noticeable that Tory party supporters are trying and failing to deflect from Cameron's problems from within his own party)

- :-) - phew it had been a while since we had a Prescott mention. It's actually quite funny now

I am with you Londonlax.

The protestors come across as gobshites and ultimately rude. That sort of behaviour, along with queue jumping and incorrect useage of there, their and they're is undermining civilisation.

We will only tolerare rudeness if its funny. If they'd come up with a witty chant, then they may have got somewhere. All they have done is created sympathy for Boris and given him the opportunity to cement his persona with his response.

Now I dont mind this because I rate the guy. But maybe the protesters had something worthwhile to say? We will never know I guess, as they wasted their opportunity by coming across as carrot crunching yokels.

:-) incredible for it hypocrisy, especially coming from someone with such close affiliation to the Tory party. So when Mitchell, a leading member of the Tory party went off on his rants was the same ruleset in place? Your reply (especially the comments about carrot crunching etc) shows that the aloof "couldn't give a shit about anyone else but Tories" is alive and well

But I suspect that your reply was an attempt at humour rather than a reasonable comment :-)

It's so bizarre how people can see the exact same event in such different ways depending solely on their favourite parties leanings.

I think Chinidi is right, there isn’t much point joining a debate in this thread because there is no chance of a reasonable discussion. Just two sets of fans blindly rooting for their ‘team’.

I will leave you guys to continue to slug it out.

Its hardly comparable is it. Prescott had an egg **** at him from some pratt standing a couple of feet away and then defended himself.

Â