The New Condem Government

bickster

Drat made a post and the criticism of that post appears to be from people DELIBERATELY not reading the post properly. It is written in plain enough English and isn't that hard to understand

that 4 people have pulled him up on his comments would suggest otherwise ;)

Surely if one is quoting an article to present their argument , then they should be clear that they are only endorsing parts of it , or better still just quote the part that they using as their evidence that the Tory party is in disarray ..

Tradition Tory supporters in the media have started to criticise Cameron et al, here's an example

it came from a readers comment page which is open to all isn't it ? if I post a negative comment about Ed on the Mirrors web page does that present conclusive proof that "core" labour supporters are unhappy with Ed ( ignoring the polls of labour supporters that already confirm this :-) )

True , the telegraph have been anti Cameron for some time and true there appear to be factions within the Tory party , but no more say than Hoon and Hewitt plotting against Brown the other year ... plots in politics are nothing new it's not evidence of the end of Cameron .....

Nowhere in that post does Drat claim to agree with any of the words the former Angel of Darkness - Lord Tebbit, it is quoted as an example of senior Tory Grandees using a voice in the media to criticise Cameron.

except it wasn't as he never even mentioned Tebbit by name in his post , i think a few posts down we finally establish it was actually from the "Telegraph comments page" , and that it must have been written by a Tory supporter (sorry CORE Tory Supporter) because it used the word "creature" and as everyone who read" Stereotyping for Dummies " * knows , only Tory supporters use words like this

* that is a play on the books , not calling anyone a dummy .. Just in case like

without seeing a link to the article ( Hello Snowy :) )

:D

...how many "core" supporters does it take to write an article in the telegraph ?

Ooh, I'll have a go at this:

One to pick up the 'phone to a ghost writer and ninety-nine to get the trebles in? ;)

I'm not being funny but you do know it was posted to show that traditional Tory supporters, those with voices in the media have started to criticise the Government? It wasn't about agreeing with the argument contained therein. If you haven't realised that then can I suggest you do actually read the topic then if you still haven't realised that then maybe ask for help with the big words?

Drat made a post and the criticism of that post appears to be from people DELIBERATELY not reading the post properly. It is written in plain enough English and isn't that hard to understand

Tradition Tory supporters in the media have started to criticise Cameron et al, here's an example. There's no here's an example and I agree with every word said. If you want to know the truth, it comes across as trolling

As you use the highlighted text as an example, I'm just wondering how you know this persons profession? How could you know he works in the media?

Except thats not actually what happened now is it?

Virgin Trains confirmed that one of Osbourne's advisors approached the inspector and paid the upgrade, no questions asked - as reported by the Beeb.

Auntie]http://www.bbc.co.uk...20008342]Auntie Says

This is the Virgin Trains that have another go at bidding for the West Coast Mainline thanks to someone's personal intervention. who can that have been again? Oh yes that's right the Prime Minister. It could easily have been seen as the first of two small favours he's paid his new chum back with (the other being the dig at Boris' Estuary Airport)

I appreciate this is covered in the Murdoch thread but the rumblings of the Cameron ill thought out decision and the emails really strays into this one also. I appreciate that for some more criticsm and questioning of Cameron may be upsetting but there appears to be a lot of smoke here now and you have to wonder when the flames will burn the whole sorry mess down. Maybe this could be one of the reasons that senior Tory party members and foreign based backers are now becoming even more volcal in their anti-Cameron and Gideon stance, maybe they know there is a bit more to come out?

I remember some of the Tory supporters on here claiming "rogue reporter" and "nothing to do with Cameron" when the first of this whole Coulson / Brooks thing started to ooze out. Probably more wishful thinking than anything else? :-)

For a marketing man Cameron does appear to be pretty shit at it, doesn't he. I wonder how many more of these gaffe's it will take for the Lib Dem membership to give Clegg an ultimatum to get their party out of this mess and for him to stand down for so willingly get them into bed with the Tory party?

On a slightly different matter it seems that another lie in the Tory manifesto has now been exposed with the dropping of the plans for recall of MP's etc. I seem to remember that when Cameron really pushed this as a step forward, but maybe when they realise it may just affect them they aint so keen. Before we get "ahhh but Labour ...." I am sure that all MP's are the same on that and that is what made it such a stupid thing to promise to implement.

But with Tories now apparently looking at May as their next leader :-) who knows what will be next to be promised

Debt has to be paid back, defaulted on or inflated away. Britain has only two options: Plan A, or an even more ambitious variant of it. Plan Balls is no answer for our economic challenge.

You forgot "written down". It happens all the time, and has done through recorded history. People, firms, countries realise that debts they have issued are unable to be repaid, or won't be repaid, and take a view on what amount they might realistically be able to collect. It's different from default, which is a unilateral act by the debtor.

And if you're talking about government debt (and let's never forget that private debt is the problem, not government debt) the option exists of issuing new credit, purchasing the debt, and retiring it. So there are five options.

Michael Hudson has an interesting interview here which discusses how bank finance used to be about funding useful capital formation but is now about inflating asset bubbles and buying and selling wholly non-productive and parasitic rentier income streams. The point he keeps making, which is usually ignored and not addressed, is that debt which can't be repaid won't be; the question then is how it won't be: which takes us to the five options.

except it wasn't as he never even mentioned Tebbit by name in his post , i think a few posts down we finally establish it was actually from the "Telegraph comments page" , and that it must have been written by a Tory supporter (sorry CORE Tory Supporter) because it used the word "creature" and as everyone who read" Stereotyping for Dummies " * knows , only Tory supporters use words like this

* that is a play on the books , not calling anyone a dummy .. Just in case like

That is frankly pathetic Tony and you know it.

I thought you had put to bed all of that childish behaviour it seems that is pretty much like a Tory manifesto promise, totally worthless

As Gareth says you knew completely well what the point was and what the context was, you just wanted to continue to play silly games.

The next "scandal" to hit the Tory party now appears to be the part that Thatcher's Gvmt played in the Miners strike attacks by South Yorks Police. While that should not affect this bunch of *&%'s there will be a lot of sticking mud due to the desire of many within the party to return to the Thatcher days.

While you should never read too much into mid-term polls todays are worthy of consideration. "Labour lead extended to 13 points; Lab 45%, Con 32%, LDs and UKIP tied on 8%". You can epxect the "mad dogs" of the political world to become even more frothy mouthed in personal attacks I would suspect, typically when a party is so far behind then they resort to "nasty politics".

Oliver Dowden admits today in the Grud ""Most of my time is spent on day-to-day crisis management," , he also admitted that he only found out what the political agenda for the day was from listening to Radio 4. This bloke is supposedly one of Cameron's right-hand men but again we are seeing evidence that Cameron basically makes up policy on the spot, rabbit in the headlights style. We saw that with the energy fiasco recently.

I thought you had put to bed all of that childish behaviour it seems that is pretty much like a Tory manifesto promise, totally worthless

As Gareth says you knew completely well what the point was and what the context was, you just wanted to continue to play silly games.

Childish behaviours is part of the usual Tory defence, just like whenever Dennis Skinner asks a question or brings up some facts that Cameron can't answer for, he'll resort to the usual age insults, he's a 'dinousaur' he should 'retire' and so on and give an answer that has nothing to do with the question.

rewind back and you will see the initial reply to your unquoted thread was a tongue in cheek post . it even had a little smiley face thingy all be it an old school ":-) " one rather than one of these new generation ones

that you over reacted to it can't be helped ...

as for the pointless jibes , yet again you are hardly covering yourself in glory and it's a shame you have to keep resorting to them

ooo didn't this get catty quick.

Every domestic politics thread since the dawn of VT ends up like it. It didn't so much get catty quick, as started catty in time in memoriam and just stayed that way. Incredibly tedious it is too.

Â