The New Condem Government

bickster

Has a day gone by in the past few weeks when, in his defence of various Tory failings, Tone has not referred to Prescott and the 'Egg Incident' in some sort of misguided defence of the 'Us' Vs 'Them' Tory, anti Pleb Government? I'm thinking not .... :P

• Like 1

We are all in this together apparently. I am just off to spend 10,000 pounds on my stuffed snake - oooo errrrr missus

Hague's department claims 10,000 to fix a stuffed snake

William Hague's antique anaconda cost £10,000 to re-stuff

_63866026_63866020.jpg Albert the anaconda is thought to have been a gift to the Colonial Secretary of what is now Guyana

The Foreign Office has spent £10,000 on the "essential maintenance" of a stuffed anaconda called Albert. .............

• Like 1

We are all in this together apparently. I am just off to spend 10,000 pounds on my stuffed snake - oooo errrrr missus

Hague's department claims 10,000 to fix a stuffed snake

Shit reporting of the highest order. It isn't Hague's personal property, it's owned by the Foreign Office. Was it worth the repair? Hell no - but to try and pass this off and Tory extravegance is nonsense.

I'm sure Labour's time in office is littered with similar bizarre spending decisions.

Shit reporting of the highest order. It isn't Hague's personal property, it's owned by the Foreign Office. Was it worth the repair? Hell no - but to try and pass this off and Tory extravegance is nonsense.

I'm sure Labour's time in office is littered with similar bizarre spending decisions.

I'm sure if it had been left to rot it would have been a case of "William Hague ruins priceless artefact".

I think there's something deliciously quaint and loveable about BoJo. He seems to wear his heart on his sleeve, and 'seems' largely free from malicious intent.

It could well all be a fantastic PR/marketing job, the loveable buffoon persona, but if it is, it's a fantastically good job.

I believe he may well be a wolf in sheep's clothing, but who knows.

I'd bet he has Dave worried

True, what about http://www.bbc.co.uk...world-20178332] Dennis MacShane's Euro jollies on expenses

Value for money or no?

The MacShane expenses are clearly outside the regs, and were found to have bypassed the checks and controls which exist.

What is notable about the Gauke claim is that it appears to be inside the regs, and that he and presumably others think it's fine and dandy to claim at these levels. One claim alone for cellphone hire and special delivery cost the equivalent of 10 weeks' ESA; and he tells people they must live within their means. Staggering. And they wonder why people think they're out of touch.

Agreed Pete.

Why the **** are they hiring Blackberries anyway? A new contract BB Curve costs what? £20 a month on a years contract. Even if it was used for a week and never used again its still better Value for money than hiring them and having them delivered,

Crazy

:-) incredible for it hypocrisy, especially coming from someone with such close affiliation to the Tory party. So when Mitchell, a leading member of the Tory party went off on his rants was the same ruleset in place? Your reply (especially the comments about carrot crunching etc) shows that the aloof "couldn't give a shit about anyone else but Tories" is alive and well

But I suspect that your reply was an attempt at humour rather than a reasonable comment :-)

I don’t think the incident is particularly serious. In fact I don’t think a lot of what occurs within the Westminster village is particularly serious, despite the endless microanalysis.

The man responds fairly amusingly to some tedious heckling. I think it will help cement his celebrity.

I think Bristol is one of the roughest cities I’ve ever had the misfortune of visiting. The juxtaposition of this with the bumpkin accent is something I find amusing. I don’t think the Gooch in Manchester for example would had the same sort of fear factor if in between dealing drugs and shooting each other, they were saying “oilroite me luv?”.

What hypocrisy or affiliations, real or imagined, have to do with anything is anybody’s guess.

I think there's something deliciously quaint and loveable about BoJo. He seems to wear his heart on his sleeve, and 'seems' largely free from malicious intent.

It could well all be a fantastic PR/marketing job, the loveable buffoon persona, but if it is, it's a fantastically good job.

I believe he may well be a wolf in sheep's clothing, but who knows.

I'd bet he has Dave worried

I am genuinely amazed that a pratt like him can get to the position he has. For me it would be a total **** embarrassment if this country was being led by that bufoon. He may have some comedy value but come on do we really want someone like him as Prime Minister? We would be a laughing stock.

Are the Tories stupid enough to make him leader? – most probably. Thankfully given the way the Tories have again behaved over the last 2 and half years there is very little chance of seeing them in power again for a very long time. Certainly no chance of them winning an overall majority something they haven’t done since 1992 anyway.

Â