The New Condem Government

bickster

Laws was wrong to do what he did and had to resign. Pity as he is a very talented person.
...talented?

I agree. Not sure what you are questioning there.

Name some of his talents, enlighten me.

Laws was wrong to do what he did and had to resign. Pity as he is a very talented person.
...talented?

I agree. Not sure what you are questioning there.

Name some of his talents, enlighten me.

-Double first in economics at Cambridge.

-Vice-president of JP Morgan in his twenties.

-Managing director of Barclays de Zoete Wedd.

"Talented" doesn't really do him justice and he was perfect for the role he was in, sadly like so many others he thought defrauding the tax payer was okay.

Compared to the prat who has succeeded him Laws is a smegging genius.

Couldn't keep his hands out of the till though could he. I'd prefer a slightly less talented but considerably more honest chap ...whoever that may be.

I'd like someone who can actually do the job properly. I don't give a toss about £40,000, frankly. In comparison to being more adept at safeguarding the countries economic future, he can have it.

Couldn't keep his hands out of the till though could he. I'd prefer a slightly less talented but considerably more honest chap ...whoever that may be.

I'd like someone who can actually do the job properly. I don't give a toss about £40,000, frankly. In comparison to being more adept at safeguarding the countries economic future, he can have it.

Honesty is something you discount at your peril. Claiming £40,000 of taxpayers money that your not entitled to, and then trying to claim it is because of your secret homosexuality is not the behaviour of an honourable man. Turning a blind eye to shady dealings by politicians is a quick way to a corrupt government. Its because our country expects indeed demands propriety from our public servants, that we by and large have one of the less corrupt Parliaments. Take a look at countries where making money under the counter is endemic, Russia, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia etc. do we really want to join that club. We have high expectations of our politicians, they don't always live up to that. The cosequences are they pay a penalty. long may it remain so.

Honesty is something you discount at your peril. Claiming £40,000 of taxpayers money that your not entitled to, and then trying to claim it is because of your secret homosexuality is not the behaviour of an honourable man. Turning a blind eye to shady dealings by politicians is a quick way to a corrupt government. Its because our country expects indeed demands propriety from our public servants, that we by and large have one of the less corrupt Parliaments. Take a look at countries where making money under the counter is endemic, Russia, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia etc. do we really want to join that club. We have high expectations of our politicians, they don't always live up to that. The cosequences are they pay a penalty. long may it remain so.

This is true of course. I'm not really suggesting that he could have kept his job. But I actually do think that Laws, overall, is one of the good guys, and he is certainly one of the most capable. For that reason I hope he is back in the cabinet sooner rather than later.

It's not easy forming a coallition. You have to look at both parties policies and where they differ, find a compromise that can work for both.

Luckily, some policies they both agreed on and so are simple to implement. For example, both parties pledged to roll back the database state, so what could be easier.

Are all politicians liars, or is it just that all liars are politicians?

Coalition reneges on pledge to scrap central NHS database

Privacy campaigners accuse Cameron and Clegg of 'disgraceful U-turn' over manifesto promise

David Cameron and Nick Clegg were last night accused of a "disgraceful U-turn" over a key pledge to scrap a central database of patients' medical records.

To the anger of civil liberties campaigners, ministers have announced that the coalition will push ahead with the controversial Summary Care Record (SCR) database introduced by the Labour government, despite fears that it will expose private medical data to insurance firms and intrude on patients' privacy.

Both Conservative and Liberal Democrat election manifestos promised to scale back on "Labour's database state", while the parties' health spokesmen pledged before the poll that the centralising of NHS medical records would be halted.

Mr Deane also pointed out that instead of being announced on the floor of the House of Commons, where it could be debated, the move was slipped out in a written answer on Thursday. He added: "New government, old tricks. No change, and no shame."

Oh dear, I guess someone somewhere (other than the IT companies) will make a tidy profit from flogging peoples medical information to the insurance industry.

Although this is quite good news imo:

In a separate move by the coalition, NHS staff could soon have a legal duty to inform patients every time there is an error in their care.

Patient safety campaigners will meet with the Department of Health next week to start work on how such a corporate duty would be monitored and what consequence NHS trusts would face if they failed to inform patients or relatives about mistake.

Nurse: How are you feeling after your operation?

Patient: I'm not sure and I didn't like the four letter word the doctor used during surgery.

Nurse: You mean "Oops"? Yes, about that..

Oh dear, I guess someone somewhere (other than the IT companies) will make a tidy profit from flogging peoples medical information to the insurance industry.

Although this is quite good news imo:

In a separate move by the coalition, NHS staff could soon have a legal duty to inform patients every time there is an error in their care.

Patient safety campaigners will meet with the Department of Health next week to start work on how such a corporate duty would be monitored and what consequence NHS trusts would face if they failed to inform patients or relatives about mistake.

Nurse: How are you feeling after your operation?

Patient: I'm not sure and I didn't like the four letter word the doctor used during surgery.

Nurse: You mean "Oops"? Yes, about that..

well they should be doing this anyway shouldn't they?

the compensation about the guy who had his ball cut off my mistake was pretty shocking.

I actually think people wanted more of a "change for the good" and it is what they are / will be getting

the cuts were coming regardless of who won .. just thankfully the deluded deranged party and not in control of the purse strings any longer .. cant wait for Mandy's book , bet Gordon can't wait either :-)

im really dreading the next few years
I said this before the election, but people wanted a "change"...and they will get this under the Tories and Lib Dems.
I think it is utter delusion to think that things could have continued in the way they have been under Labour. Things had to change.

This Country is in a sorry state, in fact I would say as close to bankruptcy as we have ever been and that includes the time we crawled to the IMF under the last Labour Government.

There is absoultely no way we could have afforded another Labour term of office and anyone who thinks that things could have merrily gone on in the same way as they have been is totally devoid of any sense of realism whatsoever.

People are right to be worried about the next phase of the history of this country absolutely right to worry.

Unfortunately the damage has been done by the last lot and it falls to the coalition to try to clear it up

I would respectfully suggest that those who are worried would have had cause to be even more petrified if the election would have returned a Labour government

:shock: :crylaugh: People losing their jobs, great change....not. And they have U turned on promises already, great change...not. I better get married to claim my marriage fund, I wonder what I can get for two pounds a week... endless possibilities.

Â