Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

i think he's a bit too much of a dancer who fits arsenals 5 yard triangles but not necessarily our quick counter attacking game, i wouldnt have minded him here to have a look and i think he'll do well there, but he's not as good as ireland IMO

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've got the squad without bringing anyone in to do any good......

November 6th Fulham

November 10th Blackpool

November 13th Man U

3 games in 7 days

December 26th Spurs

December 28th Man City

January 1st Chelsea

January 5th Sunderland

4 games in 9 days....Big games too.

You will want your best sqaud playing for 3 of them games at the end of December.

We just don't have the strength in depth.

Meh, fingers crossed we come out of the games leading up to them with no injuries.

Now that the window is getting closed, and looking at what other teams are doing, namely BRUM, I'm starting to get a little depressed, surely we should have been able to pull of a couple of loans out of our arses at least?! Even with no manager, we must have expertise at the club, or even consultative expertise to make recommendations based on the depth of our squad? :(

#AVFC Loan bid for Chelsea left back Patrick van Aanholt. Awaiting response

From twitter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/transfer-deadline-day-live-clockwatch1

2.17pm: News from the West Midlands that Wolves brought Marcus Bent in on loan because they don't like scoring goals they're about to sell Kevin Doyle to Villa.

yes please! but it won't happen..3 hours till window closes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/transfer-deadline-day-live-clockwatch1

2.17pm: News from the West Midlands that Wolves brought Marcus Bent in on loan because they don't like scoring goals they're about to sell Kevin Doyle to Villa.

This would be fantastic. Would make it even better if they would take Emile in part exchange but I guess that this would be too much to ask for???

youd have to assume that if its on the cards we didnt just make our first contact today. fingers crossed anyway, he'd be a fantastic signing... though hleb was EXACTLY what we needed this window if there was to be another signing

Can we still get players in on loan when the window shuts ?

nope