Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Not only players moving before our eyes but also to clubs supposedly in a worse position than us both financially and in terms of ambition

But to clubs with a manager Richard. There may yet be some transfer but I guess it is more likely to be a player leaving rather than one coming in. It is dire stuff seeing other teams make moves with us sitting on our hands and doing it would appear nothing.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if we cannot sign anypne without a manager then we cannot sell anyone as well?

Why does it make sense to weaken a squad when you do not have a manager but not strengthen it?

Surely if we cannot sign anypne without a manager then we cannot sell anyone as well?

Why does it make sense to weaken a squad when you do not have a manager but not strengthen it?

You're right. I'd have thought you couldn't possibly sell for the same reasons that you can't buy. It makes no sense - unless like in the case of Heskey, his wage is so grossly out of line with his contribution to the club that you desperately need him off the books as soon as is humanly possible. Apart from him (and I'd personally make an exception for Beye too) I wouldn't be selling anyone.

I'm hearing a few things if they are true or not I dunno.

* Villa refused permission to speak to Moyes

* Rumours up north are saying Newcastle are after Heskey.

* Loan bid for Keane rejected

* Loan bid for Patrick Van Aanholt

As I said this could be ITK but this is what I have been told

I'm hearing a few things if they are true or not I dunno.

* Villa refused permission to speak to Moyes

* Rumours up north are saying Newcastle are after Heskey.

* Loan bid for Keane rejected

* Loan bid for Patrick Van Aanholt

As I said this could be ITK but this is what I have been told

Posting things that have already been posted in this thread and on numerous other websites is not ITK.

You're right. I'd have thought you couldn't possibly sell for the same reasons that you can't buy. It makes no sense - unless like in the case of Heskey, his wage is so grossly out of line with his contribution to the club that you desperately need him off the books as soon as is humanly possible. Apart from him (and I'd personally make an exception for Beye too) I wouldn't be selling anyone.

We've reached a crazy position if we are contemplating selling players for financial rather than footballing reasons.

I don't think Heskey has fitted into our squad and no-one so far seems to have a clue how to change that, so a sale for footballing reasons might be on the cards. But that should be left to the new manager. After all, if it is Steve Bruce, he might think he could get a shift out of him.

As for Beye, well, after his performance against Rapid, I never want to see him in a Villa shirt again, but that again is a decision for a new manager. At the moment he seems to be our back-up left back!

I would not like to see either of these players sold purely because it would save on wages.