Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those poeple saying they wanted N'Zogbia. What a tw@t that guy is, he is desperate to quit Newcastle and goes on strike and moves to Wigan. Desperate to move from Wigan, threatens strike action again, talks to Blues and can't agree personal terms. The guy is a selfish primadonna ****. there is no way I want him to grace our beautiful claret and blue!

It amazes me that for so many fans the Transfer Window is seen as entertainment. Some people are more excited by transfers than they are watching the sport and are more furious when they don't get the players they want than when they see their team lose. The once great sport really has become every media companies wankfest and unfortunately too many "fans" are only too happy to gargle the load.

:notworthy:

Spot on.

But that doesn't change the fact that I am watching with interest what happens to A. Young. And if he does goto Spurs I want Bentley and Keane. fwiw

It amazes me that for so many fans the Transfer Window is seen as entertainment. Some people are more excited by transfers than they are watching the sport and are more furious when they don't get the players they want than when they see their team lose. The once great sport really has become every media companies wankfest and unfortunately too many "fans" are only too happy to gargle the load.

Spot on.

But that doesn't change the fact that I am watching with interest what happens to A. Young. And if he does goto Spurs I want Bentley and Keane. fwiw

If Ash went to Spurs we really would be going backwards....Keane only has a year or 2 in the top flight and Bentley can't even get in the Spurs first 11....Not even sure if he gets on the bench.

Just because it would be 2 players for 1, it doesn't make it a good deal.

I don't really get these comments about closing the thread. If there's no signings then fine, but just incase there is the thread remains open even if the possibility is slim.

It's like throwing away your lottery ticket before the numbers come out because you're hugely unlikely to win. Now who does that?

Just a little bit of patience on here would be great!

Who would be signing these players? The only reason the board included Stephen Ireland in the Milner deal is because it was more convenient for City, and it meant a replacement for Milner was immediately sorted.

Not a chance that we'll see any more transfer activity at the club, unless Spurs can magic up £30m from somewhere and convince the board to sell Young.

Spot on.

If Ash went to Spurs we really would be going backwards....Keane only has a year or 2 in the top flight and Bentley can't even get in the Spurs first 11....Not even sure if he gets on the bench.

Just because it would be 2 players for 1, it doesn't make it a good deal.

Yup. If Young went to Spurs we'd be screwed for this season.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's going anywhere. Harry was asked about it and said nothing was happening. He'd be gobbing off all over the place about it if it was happening.

Plus I think Randy knows he's in a precarious position regarding the fans at the moment. He's not stupid, he knows if he sold Young, especially with no manager in place, there would be uproar. It would be different if Young desperately wanted to leave, but there's nothing to suggest that is the case at the moment (that we know of obviously)

Never know, might get a new manager on Tuesday morning and somehow we get a couple of players in last minute. Wishful thinking but there's always a chance.

As for Young - I can't see him going to Spurs. Do they really need him?

We need players in or we'll struggle. With a little bit of initiative we could still get Given, Keane, Lescott, Huntelaar and Diarra. These could all be possible loan signings. I realise our wage structure would take a beating, but we still might be able to ofload Sidwell, Heskey, Davies, Osbourne on loans now, or in January. Sorry to repeat this again, but even if we got three of those players in it would still make us a lot stronger.