Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

lexicon, I assume you will also be going on every topic in VT to post your "We. Don't. Know" bullshit?

Because surely we don't know anything for certain unless we have witnessed it personally? Unless you have met the person and they have told you first-hand. (Of course, then we have the issue over whether the are telling the truth).

The truth is (or is it).. We. Don't. Know.

:bang:

No, that's not the **** argument.

The problem is you putting something forward as a fact when it isn't, it's your opinion. Until Milner or a member of the board actually comes out and tells us something about it, we don't know what's going on. It's not very hard to understand.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling Warnock and Petrov to Liverpool would be completely pointless and stupid.

That is not fact, don't say it.

If people think that a new boss will come in and magically we'll have stability then they are being unrealistic.

That's not fact.

He'll bang in one of these free kicks sooner or later too.

You can't see the future, you don't know that Downing will do anything.

MON is not the type of person to leave over nothing - something big happened or there was an accumulation of problems or something but it certainly won't have been a case of '**** this, I'm off' over nothing at all.

Unless you are MON, you know nothing.

^^^ Can you see how annoying you are?

Why can't you just accept and agree that it seems like Milner wants to leave? The reason he wants to leave is either for money or his career. (I personally don't think he wants to move just because his girlfriend likes Manchester).

Quote 1 - Obviously a prediction. Not a fact.

Quote 2 - My opinion. Not presented as a fact either.

Quote 3 - Again, an opinion/prediction.

Quote 4 - More complicated, so let's break this down. Firstly, when MON has left clubs before there was a reason - I.e. Celtic and his wife being ill. He has some prior form, so that's some evidence - circumstantial - but evidence. Secondly, it's quite obviously non-specific and presented in the form of an opinion.

What you said was

Milner doesn't believe that Downing, Young, Petrov and Albrighton can live up to his expectations.

That is you speaking for Milner - not an opinion, just presenting it in the form of a fact. When it clearly **** isn't.

There is a clear and obvious difference between what I said in those quotes and they way that they were presented - and what you said.

Next.

Next??

I see no difference at all. Obviously everything on this forum is "opinion".

My post was my opinion. I don't see the need to post "IMO" at the end of every single post.

My quote - My opinion. I don't recall saying "I'm speaking for Milner here, by the way".

we need lb cover, 1 cm and 1 top st

I Dont actually think we 'Need' anything.

LB - Cover would be Young, with Beye or Cuellar at RB. Not 100% Ideal, but not a problem. We're not a champions league side that needs, or can maintain 2 top class players for every position. Its that kind of management that has got us into this whole saga of late.

CM - You could argue that our Central Midfield isnt good enough. But you'd have to look at shipping out Reo Coker and Sidwell before entertaining the idea of bringing anyone in. Dont see it as a problem area myself, particularly when Delph comes back.

ST - If we continue with the system we played on Saturday then we've already got 4 players competing for the 1 position. You could argue that we need to improve on these players, but again, you'd need to lose Heskey and/or Carew before buying another striker becomes viable.

LB - Cover would be Young, with Beye or Cuellar at RB. Not 100% Ideal, but not a problem. We're not a champions league side that needs, or can maintain 2 top class players for every position. Its that kind of management that has got us into this whole saga of late.

CM - You could argue that our Central Midfield isnt good enough. But you'd have to look at shipping out Reo Coker and Sidwell before entertaining the idea of bringing anyone in. Dont see it as a problem area myself, particularly when Delph comes back.

ST - If we continue with the system we played on Saturday then we've already got 4 players competing for the 1 position. You could argue that we need to improve on these players, but again, you'd need to lose Heskey and/or Carew before buying another striker becomes viable.

if we get rid of sidwell then we could get someone like KPB for similar money and wages and we do need a top st cos heskey will get about 3 goals, carew will prob get a injury and delf and wei will probably be on cc, fa cup duty

if we get rid of sidwell then we could get someone like KPB for similar money and wages and we do need a top st cos heskey will get about 3 goals, carew will prob get a injury and delf and wei will probably be on cc, fa cup duty

What's the hype about KPB? IMO he is no different to Sidwell but just the fact he was in a shit Portsmouth team he was made out to look good. (Hence Sidwell and Reading)

We don't need anybody except a striker IMO but I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't bring anyone in between now and deadline day. Considering the circumstances and the performance on Saturday we will be capable to maintain a decent league position. Then perhaps next season we can get back on track and battle for 4th again. :)

I'd quite like to get KPB for Sidwell much better player. Maybe we could just keep NRC and rotate the kids in with the protection he gives the defence. If we play 1 up front we could definatly sell Heskey.