Jez

how can you say I can never admit I'm wrong??

I don't rate him at all, nothing you say will change this, he won't make it at Arsenal, he scored a grand total of 2 goals last season, he was terrible in the world cup, his injury was a blessing for Mexico

Yeah but that's not the point in question. :?

You said he is completly bereft of TECHNICAL ABILITY. Which clearly the lad has, if there's a reason why the lad won't make it, it will be that physically he's not strong enough to cope in this league and he's not clinical enough.

Technically, he's an excellent footballer with a lovely touch, good ability with the ball, moves smoothly with the ball, always looks in control.

If you said, "he won't make it at Arsenal, he's not good enough" then it's a completly different point which I wouldn understand and wouldn't of even decided to comment because I don't think he will either if i'm honest. I reckon he'll be off to Spain in the next couple years.

However you said he has no technical ability whatsoever and is a League 1 player. :lol:

Which again is completly over the top when you consider the quality of strikers who still play in the Premiership.

You just take everything to the extreme.

yes maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but don't rate him, it's as simple as that.

I have no idea why you think he excellent touch and ability, if he has he never shows it, he constantly gets barged off the ball and disappears from games. As well as lacking technically, I don't think he has a good mentality, he shirks challenges and his work-rate is average at best.

SCG:
he is completely bereft of technical ability, if you watched him on a regular basis you would know this

Wenger:

C"arlos (scoring, right) is a very exciting player. He's not there completely yet physically but he has all the skill and all the technical qualities."

:crylaugh:

coming from the guy who doesn't think Mueller's special :shock:

I don't think he is. I think he'll be an excellent player, as in at a top club his whole career, but I said I don't think he's special like as in he'll ever be the best in the world, ala Ronaldo, Messi.....

it is debatable my opinion but it's not crazy to think he won't become one of the worlds best.

he is special, he's just completed his 1st full season in professional football! He scored 20 goals for Bayern and 5 in world cup, not bad at all for a player who is far from an out and out goalscorer, he offers an awful lot more, he never gives the ball away and plays with a maturity beyond his years, very intelligent footballer. He would grace any side in world football

Not too much difference between the way he and Podolski started their careers. I'll just wait and see. He'll never becomes the worlds best, I'm sure of it, still a very good player though.

I don't rate him at all, nothing you say will change this, he won't make it at Arsenal, he scored a grand total of 2 goals last season, he was terrible in the world cup, his injury was a blessing for Mexico

You said he is completly bereft of TECHNICAL ABILITY. Which clearly the lad has, if there's a reason why the lad won't make it, it will be that physically he's not strong enough to cope in this league and he's not clinical enough.

Technically, he's an excellent footballer with a lovely touch, good ability with the ball, moves smoothly with the ball, always looks in control.

If you said, "he won't make it at Arsenal, he's not good enough" then it's a completly different point which I wouldn understand and wouldn't of even decided to comment because I don't think he will either if i'm honest. I reckon he'll be off to Spain in the next couple years.

However you said he has no technical ability whatsoever and is a League 1 player. :lol:

Which again is completly over the top when you consider the quality of strikers who still play in the Premiership.

yes maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but don't rate him, it's as simple as that.

I have no idea why you think he excellent touch and ability, if he has he never shows it, he constantly gets barged off the ball and disappears from games. As well as lacking technically, I don't think he has a good mentality, he shirks challenges and his work-rate is average at best.

Being barged off the ball and dissapears through games has nothing to do with technical ability though does it. As Wenger said, still physically, he's not ready for the Premiership it seems, will he ever be?

I don't think he's great but you don't score goals like the one he did against Sheffield United without having great ability with the ball.

SCG:
he is completely bereft of technical ability, if you watched him on a regular basis you would know this

Wenger:

C"arlos (scoring, right) is a very exciting player. He's not there completely yet physically but he has all the skill and all the technical qualities."

:crylaugh:

coming from the guy who doesn't think Mueller's special :shock:

I don't think he is. I think he'll be an excellent player, as in at a top club his whole career, but I said I don't think he's special like as in he'll ever be the best in the world, ala Ronaldo, Messi.....

it is debatable my opinion but it's not crazy to think he won't become one of the worlds best.

he is special, he's just completed his 1st full season in professional football! He scored 20 goals for Bayern and 5 in world cup, not bad at all for a player who is far from an out and out goalscorer, he offers an awful lot more, he never gives the ball away and plays with a maturity beyond his years, very intelligent footballer. He would grace any side in world football

Not too much difference between the way he and Podolski started their careers. I'll just wait and see. He'll never becomes the worlds best, I'm sure of it, still a very good player though.

he's far better than Podolski, superior off the ball movement and anticipation but I can see the comparison, I'll leave it there

Being barged off the ball and dissapears through games has nothing to do with technical ability though does it. As Wenger said, still physically, he's not ready for the Premiership it seems, will he ever be?

I don't think he's great but you don't score goals like the one he did against Sheffield United without having great ability with the ball.

No, I was just highlighting his other weaknesses, you're not seriously saying he has good technical ability based on 1 goal?

No, I was just highlighting his other weaknesses, you're not seriously saying he has good technical ability based on 1 goal?

No, it was a single example. My whole thoughts on Vela is nice player, good touch, decent with the ball, physically not great, decent eye for goal but don't think he'll quite make it into the Premier League. I don't have any doubts that his ability is good enough for the division, just like you said, mentally and physically, he struggles I believe.

Benfica can sign Andrés Guardado or Albert Riera.

@ AS.

PORTUGAL/ BENFICA, Tracking Guardado

Benfica officials have set their sights on Mexico international and Deportivo La Coruna left winger Andres Guardado (24), who is worth 15 million Euros. However, the Portuguese club can pay 12 millions. Negotiations could pick up.

just a rumour but it's looking likely, Paul Scharner is in talks with Liverpool

How the mighty have fallen..... :lol::lol:

I know. Talking to Liverpool :lol: Morto!