Jez

Genuinly like the optimism, but I think we'll struggle to finish above Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, Fulhum and perhaps even Bolton & West Brom. That's not to say I don't think we can finish above said teams, but that is the league we will be competing in.

to me their is a top 5, then Liverpool, and then the rest of league and we are probably the best of the rest with Everton and maybe Stoke

How can you say that when a Liverpool who came effectively 2nd after Dalglish's appointment have since strengthened considerably. I think people who don't like Liverpool are deluding themselves a little to be honest.

Our squad is very thin, we do not know how many of our players will fit in this season, there are not excisting attacking patterns as our two attacking midfields have left the club, our central midfield is weak and we have a poor manager.

Getting top 10 this season will be very tough, and my guess is that we will finish 20 points behind Liverpool. Reasons? Well they have strengthened their first team and their squad, acquiring one of our players in the process. We have gotten a manager with a proven relegation record and lost two of our best players in Young and Downing.

I do not think Stephen Ireland will return to his potential, he is damaged goods as far as I am concerned. However, Fabian Delph is the key for making our midfield tick. Will it happen? Chances are slimmer than the possibility of him failing to pose an impact, but we can only hope! A lot would have been fixed with Scott Parker in the team, but if money is tight then I guess the board is happy with a mediocre result.

thats with dalglish effect which died in last few weeks of season. a creaking defence, egotistcal captain who wont like being dropped and too many rookies.

Liverpool/Dalglish hype has got to some people

Liverpool/Dalglish hype has got to some people

That's the counter-argument to mine, but I still have their form in the league table to back me up. Objectivity beats subjectivity :P And Downing is no rookie. Carroll has a new best friend. I agree that last season they struggled to keep a steady back 4, but they have Agger back now and he's the best of the bunch. They look like getting Enrique which will sort out their left side and further help Downing. Plus that youngster on the right is probably better than Johnson. They did all of their winning in the latter part of last season without Gerrard. In any case, putting them behind Spurs is madness.

im with zatman, dalglish effect will wear off, they will face a real problem this season when they realise they are better without gerrard, people are placing far too much emphasis on carrol and suarez who IMO can still go either way and the defence is shit, much too shit for enrique to magically change it around

i agree a good start and they can really push on but a bad one and it can just as easily go the other way

Enrique is not going to sort out their defence.....he had a good season last season but newcastle fans were on his back two years ago when he looked a real liability...

johnson carragher skrtel enrique is not a top 4 defence....particularly when their back ups are youngsters, aurelio and agger......

if you would have said to liverpool fans one year ago that their first choice midfield in a years time would contain Charlie Adam and Henderson they would have told you to piss right off....

Adam is fashionable right now but will bomb next year in a team where he isnt the main feature...

Henderson is unproven and overrated and will not pull up trees this season....

there better players are up top where downing, suarez and carroll could prove very useful, they are a top four attack....

but they will be relied upon far too much and if one gets injured it could get tough......

i think they will finish 6th

If they manage to sign a CB they will have a really good squad this season. Although surely there will be some players looking to leave with the amount of players they have.

Reina

Doni

Jones

Flanagan

Kelly

Johnson

Carragher

Skrtel

Agger

Kryagkios

Enrique

Aurelio

Gerrard

Lucas

Poulsen

Shelvey

Spearing

Adam

Henderson

Meriles

Downing

Cole

Rodriguez

Kuyt

Carrol

Suarez

Ngog

Lots of midfielders!

I agree, when WBA signed him I thought it was a really average signing and he proved me wrong. This season I'm sticking by my guns and I'll be surprised if he gets into double figures. Shane Long is better then him imo.