Jez

They make a lot of money without Champions League football.  

Pogba to United would be funny given that they let him go for nothing a couple of years ago.  I'd be interested in hijacking the deal if I were City, if ever there was a player who was a perfect replacement for (and arguably an upgrade on) Yaya Toure then it's Paul Pogba. 

It might be that Schurrle want's to go back to the Bundesliga.  He isn't going to keep his place in the German national team forever if he is warming the bench at Stamford Bridge.  The guy is a world cup winner, he should be playing 90 minutes every week not 30 minutes here and 15 minutes there depending on whether Chelsea are winning or not. 

Schurrle seems to have had a rough time of it this season, hardly had a sniff, is cuadrado really that much better?

From what I've seen of Cuadrado, I'd say he is yeah. I'm not a big fan of Schürrle, especially as a wide-forward. Industrious but lacks real quality on the ball. Will be better served converting permanently into a No. 9 which is probably what will happen if he joins Wolfsburg.

Apparently Man United have offered £62mil for Paul Pogba!

Nice to see financial fair play working well for united! However do they get away with this specially when they wasn't even in Europe this season.. all seems very dodgy indeed,

I read the other day that they're about to sign a monster deal with Adidas, worth about £750m. If they do, £62m is nowt.  

they've signed the deal with adidas havent they? i think its a deal unlike any other in football, huge money but adidas get a share of all utds official merchandise sales, pencil cases, bed sheets etc not just the kits

im sure i read somewhere that their match day / training kit sponsors now come to £140m a year

they also signed an official pot noodle partner deal that's worth more than our dafabet sponsor last summer 

something tells me utd will be ok financially

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the deal is done. They are an instantly recognisable global brand though. As much as it's annoying when you see clubs like Chelsea and City getting bank rolled by mega rich owners, you can't deny Manchester United's spending power is heavily linked to their ability to generate cash using a combination of the brand, and their famous history.   

no what angers me is the decision to try and limit a club owner from spending his private wealth

we will never be able to compete with utd, the idea that we could compete with them by running ourselves better is ridiculous, there's a reason they voted for these rules and lerner didnt, we are a million miles away from where they are and its exponential growth

We may be heading a little off topic, but real financial fair play would be my preferred option, with proper sanctions for those who break the rules. That'll never happen though, as the people who run the game stand to lose too much money. 

no what angers me is the decision to try and limit a club owner from spending his private wealth

we will never be able to compete with utd, the idea that we could compete with them by running ourselves better is ridiculous, there's a reason they voted for these rules and lerner didnt, we are a million miles away from where they are and its exponential growth

I'm not reading much about clubs like villa being held back because of FFP.

Clubs like Man City, PSG, Liverpool, Real Madrid on the other hand are having to think a bit more before splashing the cash.

There is little stopping villa having a spending spree (apart from the obvious).

People were raving about Cuadardo at the World cup but thought he was awful in that Brazil game. Think he'll be a squad player at Chelsea. I like Schurrle, always good for a goal but I suppose Chelsea can get their money back for him far easier than Salah.

I'm not reading much about clubs like villa being held back because of FFP.

Clubs like Man City, PSG, Liverpool, Real Madrid on the other hand are having to think a bit more before splashing the cash.

There is little stopping villa having a spending spree (apart from the obvious).

What the hell are you waffling about?! The bloody rules stop Villa going on a spending sorted spree

• Like 1