Jez

I actually think if he's available given Swansea have signed Gomis that Michu would be a good fit for Southampton. Would suit their style of play and would be a decent Lambert replacement.

Michu just passed a medical at Napoli.

I'm guessing the player has pushed for that move.  Mind you, I presume Swansea feel Bony and Michu can't play together effectively and have decided to go with Bony?

I've heard/read that Swansea have concerns over Michu's long term fitness, especially his recurring ankle injuries.

They're probably erring on the side he's a crock and cashing in on him whilst his stock is still relatively high.

i don't want to go as far as to say michu was found out last season but in his 1st season they did build their team around him, graham up front dropping deep, michu running past him without being picked up and scoring, bony wont do that

Michu was hardly any cop last season, not surprised.

He was injured for almost the entire season.

24 appearances in all competitions last year. 6 Goals.

Stats have no context but I was surprised he'd played that much.

Manchester United were offered James Rodriguez for £5m but signed Bebe instead.  Echoes of our Heskey for Falcao moment I guess, though to be fair I imagine it's easy to cherry pick examples of times when clubs turn down players who go on to be brilliant if you choose to ignore the scores of players they turn down who go on to be shit. 

Are you trying to suggest there might be a link between a Manchester United winger getting sent home from the 2010 World Cup with a mysterious injury hours before a "random" drugs test and Manchester United signing an unknown footballer for a lot of money because he happens to share an agent with a former assistant manager at Old Trafford?  

Apparently it was investigated

Police in Portugal are planning to question Manchester United about the club's €9m (£7.2m) signing of the striker Bébé from the Portuguese club Vitória Guimarães, as part of their criminal investigation into the deal.

The judicial police national unit for combating corruption, part of the Justice Ministry based in Lisbon, is investigating the 11 August 2010 transfer, by which United paid that fee for a player whose only competitive experience was a single season in the Portuguese third division.

Bébé's agent, appointed days before he moved to United, was Jorge Mendes, also agent to Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson, who moved from Portuguese clubs to Old Trafford in previous seasons. Of the €9m United paid to Vitória for Bébé, Mendes was paid 40%, €3.6m (£2.89m). It was reported in Vitória's subsequent general meeting that Mendes's €3.6m comprised a 10% agent's commission, €900,000, and the further €2.7m because Mendes had also just acquired 30% of Bébé's "economic rights", part-ownership of the player.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner