Jez

Stephen Fletcher's agent has mentioned some premier teams are interested in taking him from Sunderland, I thought it might be us at first with Kozák being injured, but then thought probably most likely not. Maybe West Ham.

Shows how financially dominant Bayern are in their league.. Gotze and Lewandowski 

At least in Spain they have 2 teams competing, with the odd third team thrown in there every so often.. And you won't often see Atletico sell their best players to Barca/Madrid, Falcao, Aguero, Forlan, Torres have all gone abroad...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

It was the worst kept secret in football though, wasn't it?  I think the only surprise is that he didn't move last summer, if the media can be believed then it seems the player was more than happy too.   Remember Bayern took Manuel Neuer from Schalke a couple of years ago following a period where Schalke were very much title rivals (they had finished 2nd, 4th, 2nd and 3rd in the four seasons prior to Neuer leaving) so weakening the opposition by removing key players is very much a tactic Bayern employ. 

One question I will ask is was Gotze a Bayern fan when he was growing up? He was born and raised in Bavaria which would suggest to me that he probably was. 

Stephen Fletcher's agent has mentioned some premier teams are interested in taking him from Sunderland, I thought it might be us at first with Kozák being injured, but then thought probably most likely not. Maybe West Ham.

Article on the Daily Mail site mentions Spurs, Hull and Celtic being interested and that Sunderland want around ten mill.

It was the worst kept secret in football though, wasn't it?  I think the only surprise is that he didn't move last summer, if the media can be believed then it seems the player was more than happy too.   Remember Bayern took Manuel Neuer from Schalke a couple of years ago following a period where Schalke were very much title rivals (they had finished 2nd, 4th, 2nd and 3rd in the four seasons prior to Neuer leaving) so weakening the opposition by removing key players is very much a tactic Bayern employ. 

One question I will ask is was Gotze a Bayern fan when he was growing up? He was born and raised in Bavaria which would suggest to me that he probably was. 

I still think German football is great, largely because of the fans and the culture of the game over there, but Bayern's financial dominance does spoil it.  I'm gutted that the Lewandowski move has been confirmed, but I think Klopp is the best man to sort out a replacement, or alter the way the side plays slightly and use the players he already has at his disposal.  If he does decide to bring in a new striker, I wouldn't be surprised to see them move for Benteke.

Regarding Götze, he was a Bayern fan when he was young, but joined Dortmund at 8 years old.

not just recent that Bayern done this though, they ripped heart out of Leverkusen the year they got to Champions League final and did same to Karlsruhe in 90s

German league is just as bad as Scotish these days with less competition