Jez

I don't condone cheating. I just don't think you should hold a grudge for years. 

I'm not holding a grudge. I don't want a cheat like Young playing for us again. I take particular offence to your comment about my post with references of being pathetic and proper fan. 

If you can find where I stated I am a proper fan for taking my stance then please point it out to me or are just making assumptions?

Ronaldo and Neymar are cheats as well. Would you not want them at Villa?

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't want anything to do with Ashley Young, as terrible as his dive was against us, he's done nothing bar 3 games when he joined United and win a few penalties, factor in he's on ridiculous money, when we are clearly trying to cut the wages. It'd be an unrealistic unwanted signing.

I don't condone cheating. I just don't think you should hold a grudge for years. 

I'm not holding a grudge. I don't want a cheat like Young playing for us again. I take particular offence to your comment about my post with references of being pathetic and proper fan. 

If you can find where I stated I am a proper fan for taking my stance then please point it out to me or are just making assumptions?

Ronaldo and Neymar are cheats as well. Would you not want them at Villa?

Not ever going to happen is it though? Given a choice I'd rather not have a proven cheat playing for us. I value honesty and integrity above winning. The claret and blue shirt shouldn't be worn by any cheat.

Not ever going to happen is it though? Given a choice I'd rather not have a proven cheat playing for us. I value honesty and integrity above winning. The claret and blue shirt shouldn't be worn by any cheat.

Still it's a good question. At what point would you say 'sod it' and take a player. If Villa got a 'Mascherano/Tevez' type offer to loan someone like Neymar in the same way that West Ham did a few years back (so it does happen), would you say no thanks he's a diver? I'm guessing you wouldn't.

So if it's a good player who's a cheat that's fine but if the cheat isn't that good of a player then morals kick in? 

I didn't like what Ash did for Man U against Villa, but all players , including current Villa players, cheat more or less. Ricky Lambert cheated shamelessly against Villa last season at Villa Park for Soton's penalty, but I doubt him or many of their fans had a sleepless night because of it. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of people have seemingly forgot how good Ashley Young was for us. He may not be a Man Utd quality player, but I'd take him back everyday of the week. You can go on about his diving, most players dive, in fact remember Gareth Bale against Guzan, that was worse than anything Young has done IMO, would people want Bale here, course they would.

So if it's a good player who's a cheat that's fine but if the cheat isn't that good of a player then morals kick in? 

I didn't like what Ash did for Man U against Villa, but all players , including current Villa players, cheat more or less. Ricky Lambert cheated shamelessly against Villa last season at Villa Park for Soton's penalty, but I doubt him or many of their fans had a sleepless night because of it. 

It was Rodriguez but R.Lambert stupidly stated it was a clear penalty after the match.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Still it's a good question. At what point would you say 'sod it' and take a player. If Villa got a 'Mascherano/Tevez' type offer to loan someone like Neymar in the same way that West Ham did a few years back (so it does happen), would you say no thanks he's a diver? I'm guessing you wouldn't.

I might be in the minority here but i detest cheats.Any advantage gained by cheating is hollow.

Getting back on topic, I'm not disputing the contribution Young gave during his time here but I got increasingly fed up with his theatrics during his final few months. I think as one poster said he's been found out and can't adapt his game.

In response to your question, I'm realistic enough to realise we're not dining at the top table anymore and we'll continue to be mid table for the forseeable future. I'd rather we had players that didn't resort to cheating that could improve us instead of say Neymar. I think there are players out there that don't resort to diving so for every Neymar there is also a Messi.

It's hypothetical but my original post was that I wouldn't want Young back. I am bemused that my post was interpreted by some as holding a pathetic grudge. 

I think a lot of people have seemingly forgot how good Ashley Young was for us. He may not be a Man Utd quality player, but I'd take him back everyday of the week. You can go on about his diving, most players dive, in fact remember Gareth Bale against Guzan, that was worse than anything Young has done IMO, would people want Bale here, course they would.

It was Rodriguez but R.Lambert stupidly stated it was a clear penalty after the match.

It was Ramirez  :P

If that's directed at me then you've spectacularly missed my intent by a mile. If it's not at me then ignore.

It was Ramirez  :P

Definitely Jay Rodriguez 

If that's directed at me then you've spectacularly missed my intent by a mile. If it's not at me then ignore.

Not at you at all, BOF.

• Like 1

Suppose you don't want Luna playing for us then when he occasionally dives and rolls about?

It was embarrassing. It's unneccessary. But clearly some might be happy to accept it just because he's a Villa player.

Would you?

Edited by Robbie09

forget his diving I wouldnt take young back ass for me he peaked as a player in 2008 and has never got near that form again. His last season for us he was absolute garbage and still couldnt believe United bought him.

worst thing to happen to Young was some word removed declared him up there with Messi and Ronaldo and for me he let it go to his head

Aww come on...As long as it helps the Villa I don't mind cheats playing for us.

It's in the game and there's no way of removing it completely, so we have to go with it.

I'd take a penalty/red card after a successful dive any day!

In my opinion, morality equals weakness in sports!

Aww come on...As long as it helps the Villa I don't mind cheats playing for us.

It's in the game and there's no way of removing it completely, so we have to go with it.

I'd take a penalty/red card after a successful dive any day!

In my opinion, morality equals weakness in sports!

Disagree. It`s embarrassing. I felt the same when gabby did it last year.

We should never accept it as a part of football, no matter what anyone says. Winning instinct is something different. 

Imo, winning instinct is doing everything necessary to win. If that means going down quickly and wasting time, then so be it.

ie. I would have preferred Helenius to go down after his shorts got pulled down, thus winning a penalty, instead of doing the "right" thing and getting his shot away.

• 2 months later...