Jez

He won't play many games at all, I don't think he will play anywhere near 10-15 games. He will probably play in the league cup and thats it. At the end of the season, I can't imagine a 41 year old who has played less then 10 games in the whole season will be the number one. Langerak or Galekovic deserve to be in the team.

League Cup, early rounds of FA Cup, fact Cech is not really at his fitness peak anymore. Why would a reserve at Dortmund deserve to play ahead of reserve at Chelsea and why would Adelaide goalkeeper be ahead of either of them  :huh:

I agree with you and so does Iker Casillas. Goalkeeper is not the same as outfield w.r.t. being a regular equating to national selection. If you 'own' the position for the national team then you usually have to mess up big time in order to be ousted. I'd actually say the fact Chelsea have deemed him good enough for them will in fact strengthen his position within the Aussie national side.

Tottenham Hotspur’s attempt to sign 17-year-old attacking midfielder Alen Halilovic from Dinamo Zagreb has fallen through, according to reports in Croatia. Tottenham are said to have been unable to agree personal terms with Halilovic, who was apparently demanding €1.2million (£1m) a year, a house and scholarship for his two brothers.

He won't play many games at all, I don't think he will play anywhere near 10-15 games. He will probably play in the league cup and thats it. At the end of the season, I can't imagine a 41 year old who has played less then 10 games in the whole season will be the number one. Langerak or Galekovic deserve to be in the team.

How many games do you expect Langerak to play next season?

How many games do you expect Langerak to play next season?

Alot less then Galekovic. ;)

Looks like Thiago going to Bayern.

Sorry to state the obvious but they have a lot of very very good midfielders at their club.

They probably now have two teams in their squad both of which are capable of winning the CL.

i saw somewhere (graham hunter i think) that thiago wants a minimum fee if he doesnt play a certain %  of games included in his contract too

pep has some serious decisions to make! if he plays the same way as he did at barca he has about 10 midfielders to fit in to 5 positions

i wouldnt put thiago i personally, id go with gustavo or matinez in the DMC kroos - schweinsteiger - gotze in the middle and then ribery - robben out wide

will be interesting to see how he uses gotze, signing thiago could mean he sees him starting wide left but not playing everywhere, the role that robben no doubt wants, and muller and ribery probably want too...

anyone know his line ups from the friendlies so far?

Could play a false 9 with Gotze up top..

I think we'll see this happen, although probably not all the time - particularly this season before Lewandowski arrives.

Götze could also play behind the strikers or even out wide, and the same could be said of Thiago.  Guardiola's Bayern won't be fielding players in traditional, static positions anyhow.  Müller's fairly flexible, too.  Also, I'm not convinced that we'll see both Robben and Ribéry at the club for too much longer; even if they do change their attitude/style of play to suit Guardiola, they'll both be 30 once we're half way through the season.

Is this giaccherini bloke any good. He's a playmaker apparently and plays for Juventus

Sunderland are signing him

Surely he can't be that good if he's going from Juve to Sunderland....

haha just come to post the same thing

conte has said he wants to keep him "but in times of crisis when you must buy you must make sacrifices" which means he must want the money for someone else

28 years old, £10m and a big wage hike