Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

I had a seriously bad day yesterday. Lag city. Does anyone know if snow/cold weather affect broadband connections?

Maybe. I once told a client their database wasn't working because there was "snow on the lines". It's amazing what people will believe if you sound confident.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About to fail my first contract; 50 kills in 40 minutes on the WA2100 and I'll probably manage about 30-35. I hate the sniper rifles. The PSG-1 is passable (just) but the rest are beyond dire. Even on hardcore, they suck (or I suck... it's probably a bit of both in fairness).

That said, I took the M60 for a test yesterday; my christ, what a gun. For the sake of sacrificing a bit of the Stoner's range/accuracy, you get an even quicker kill (and you can always throw a grip on it).

Getting into the zombies a bit more now, i still think they have made the maps way too big with too many rooms and doors to open.

Also what does the toy monkey do when you get it out of a weapons box?

I haven't played Zombies on this CoD yet but I guess it will be the same as WaW, basically they attract the zombies so they all gather round it then it blows up.

I had a seriously bad day yesterday. Lag city. Does anyone know if snow/cold weather affect broadband connections?

Maybe. I once told a client their database wasn't working because there was "snow on the lines". It's amazing what people will believe if you sound confident.

If you have an adsl connection then yes bad weather affects broadband speed. I work in technical support for a small B2B ISP and i know a customer who cant get any connection at all if it rains hard enough due to how long his line is and signal degradation in storms.

Getting into the zombies a bit more now, i still think they have made the maps way too big with too many rooms and doors to open.

Also what does the toy monkey do when you get it out of a weapons box?

I haven't played Zombies on this CoD yet but I guess it will be the same as WaW, basically they attract the zombies so they all gather round it then it blows up.

Thats right, its great for an onslaught and a great way of getting a crawler which by now you should know that getting crawlers is a big key to getting through the game :winkold:

Had the same and really struggled to find a game too. I was really got battered last night, the lag was terrible and noticed that the MW2 glitch of moving out the way and still being killed has started to happen which I found didn't happen until recently. you see someone, move into cover and you are dead and on the replay it shows that you never moved! My mate swears that its all about playing people transatlatic and they are a few micro seconds in front of us but I think its a mod. :evil:

Had the same and really struggled to find a game too. I was really got battered last night, the lag was terrible and noticed that the MW2 glitch of moving out the way and still being killed has started to happen which I found didn't happen until recently. you see someone, move into cover and you are dead and on the replay it shows that you never moved! My mate swears that its all about playing people transatlatic and they are a few micro seconds in front of us but I think its a mod. :evil:

If it's a mod I'd like to know how the entire world is using it except me and people I know.

It's lag, and it's not to do with different countries either, it's just based on your connection to the host.

The killcams are glitchy as **** though, they don't show smoke, don't show gun recoil as much as what is actually existant.

The kill cams are the worst part of the game in my view, a definite step back from MW2. They also don't show the killer taking any damage if you hit him a couple of times before dying.

I once told a client their database wasn't working because there was "snow on the lines". It's amazing what people will believe if you sound confident.

If you have an adsl connection then yes bad weather affects broadband speed. I work in technical support for a small B2B ISP and i know a customer who cant get any connection at all if it rains hard enough due to how long his line is and signal degradation in storms.

Ha! I'm on the money. Thanks d43. :lol:

Out of curiosity...your playercard emblems,how have you got yours?

i tried to do the villa badge but the lions arm is to close to his head so the white star is slightly above his head ( gutted )

tryna figure out how to get it up to show ya lol

Getting the pro perks on this can be **** ridiculous. For Ghost Pro I have to destroy a sentry gun. I haven't seen one of those in about the last 30 games I've played, and when one does come up there's an unholy rush to destroy it as everybody seems to need it.

Is there a game mode where you tend to see them used more than other games?

Â