Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

T20 World Cup has started proper today. India off to a good start, and hard not to have them as strong favourites on home soil.

Come on then gents, who's going to win it?

Watching this game I don't understand the bowling attack at all.

Topley is young and inexperienced, I get it but his bowling so far this tournament has been shocking, too early.

Jordan I still don't get, I don't rate him as a bowler at all.

Stokes I understand, has a bit of a nasty edge and has enough with the bat alone, but Morgan doesn't really use him as a bowler.

Willey has been the best pace bowler by a huge margin, and yet talk was he was going to miss out for plunkett.

Rashid and Ali are both good enough and getting better IMO.

Pace bowling is supposed to be what we're good at but it's such a weak pace attack and so little variation aside from Willey.

Rashid and Moeen did well under the circumstances but the seamers were rubbish once again. How costly was that drop by Topley off Amla and Duminy was out, so things not going Englands way and this is 20 runs too many. Yes Willey was the best of bad lot of seamers but still too many bad balls.

Edited by PaulC

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Good job Moeen and Willey got those runs in the final 3 overs else  we would be talking about another embarassing defeat

I dunno about embarrassing, Afghanistan are probably the best association team.  But the manner in which we dropped wickets on that pitch is not good enough.

That said, the bowlers finally turned up to save the day.  They owed that to the batsmen after the last couple of games.

What a finish to the India vs Bangladesh match! Can't believe Bangladesh managed to throw it away. Hard work done, milk a couple of singles, knock India out. Idiots!   

Can we go out today or is it just that a win puts us through to the semis?

Have to win to stay in.

If we lose we will be level with Sri Lanka on points, who play SA in the last game who already have a much better net run rate.

So if SA beat SL they beat us on net run RR, and if SL win they beat us on points.

Â