Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

yes, pitch will have deteriorated, Broad is bowling so well you can guarantee he'll get a couple and if Moeen bowls well he'll either pin them down or get wickets. See the success of Piedt at the moment. If we can just get our lead north of 350 we'll be in total control. I still think we've got more than enough at the moment, mind.

1-0! to the England.

Cracking test and well played pretty much everyone. Hales could do with a better score but at least he improved in the second innings.

I think the swiftness of the next test on Saturday gives us a real chance of going 2-0 up. How fit is Steyn? Their batting confidence isn't going to change swiftly. Whether Anderson is fit or not, our bowling attack are on form and bowling well. It'd be a bit harsh if Jimmy comes straight back in for Woakes, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

• Like 1

Yes Anderson will come in for Woakes and they wont risk Steyn. AB wont keep wicket and I wonder how long JP Duminy has left in test cricket. Massive underperformer.

Guess need to think of Moeen as a bowling allrounder now. I always considered his batting as his strength but he has bowled like Swann this test match

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Decent position after the first day thanks to that 6th wicket partnership

Yes, excellent from Stokes and Bairstow.

Been impressed by Compton on his return and that's from someone who was very skeptical about going back to him. Glad to see I was wrong.

I have always liked Compton. Good to have a steady player amongst all the stroke players. Never be as good as his granddad though. Not that I ever saw him play but heard he was one of our greats and played football as well.

Stokes is going bananas already. Wonderful century.

35 runs in 19 minutes this morning. SA bowling poor I guess but terrific batting from the both. They stay in, we're now on for 500 rather than 350ish at one point yesterday.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Stokes is going bananas already. Wonderful century.

35 runs in 19 minutes this morning. SA bowling poor I guess but terrific batting from the both. They stay in, we're now on for 500 rather than 350ish at one point yesterday.

better make that 600 :blink:

• Like 1

Â