Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

no reason why he would, KP's last few innings with England were mostly rubbish anyway. He was useless in that final Ashes series, and remarkably selfish. i can't believe the ECB are considering encouraging that waster to find a route back into the side.

So rubbish he was England's leading run scorer :)

Edit - should have read the rest of the thread first ... D'oh

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

There was no need! Plus I'd been on the BBC cricket pages looking at fixtures, just before I clicked on VT.

I was to enjoy some pears fans reactions, but alas, you have pooped all over it DAVE :lol:

• Like 2

Downton gone, Whittaker looks to be getting the sack and Moores looks likely to be fired when the team get home from the Carribean regardless of the result.

English cricket finally seems to be going in the right direction, kudos to Graves and Harrison for starting to sort this shambles out.

I see Vaughan, Strauss and Alec Stewart have been linked as possible replacements. I like the idea of one of those. If we could find jobs for all three, then that would be ideal.

I see Vaughan, Strauss and Alec Stewart have been linked as possible replacements. I like the idea of one of those. If we could find jobs for all three, then that would be ideal.

Think Vaughan will be the one that get's it, close connections to the Yorkshire lot now in charge at the ECB and probably most suited. 

Strauss I think would be deemed to be to close to the current England team given that many of them have played under his captaincy (Cook, Trott, Bell, Anderson, Broad, Bairstow, Plunkett, Finn). 

And Stewart has a very good role at Surrey.

But as you say, I would happy with any of three of them given the role as I think they would all do at least a good job.

• Like 1

Stewart hands down would be the stand out from those 3

But I doubt they will give it to him

Pat Murphy was just talking about him on 5 live said even the current England players come up and talk to him and ask his advice and Murphy seems to think he would be good for the role ... His thoughts were that the sky contracts pay them far far more than any ECB role would though so it could make some of them think twice

If Pat Murphy thinks he'd be good in any role then they ought to steer clear. ;)

Actually, I like Mickey's son but I'd like to see Vaughan get a job in the England set up.

What's Strauss putting his hand up for - did he not get selected in any Tory seat? Or is he just wanting to put the kibosh on any Pietersen return? :)

Edited by snowychap

Â