Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Great bowling by Ali, takes away from the fact he has struggled with the bat recently...

Robson also looks a bit nervous and not convinced with Jordan and Woakes either. I think Onions and Finn would be better options, albeit. much weaker with the bat

Warwickshire did not treat him and his brother and cousin well at all.

I know and they didn't treat Naquash Tahir very well either. At that time I don't think the people we had were very good at working with asian cricketers. Moeen was in the side in 2006 and made top score at Trent Bridge and was dropped, George Dobell was a big Moeen fan and was told by Greatbatch that he wouldn't be a first team player for 5 years. Of course his cousin Kabir and brother Kadeer also started their careers at warwickshire. 

Great bowling by Ali, takes away from the fact he has struggled with the bat recently...

Robson also looks a bit nervous and not convinced with Jordan and Woakes either. I think Onions and Finn would be better options, albeit. much weaker with the bat

It takes the pressure off his batting but runs will come. I think they will stick with Jordan and Woakes next test. Onions is out of the picture for good I think. They are looking at younger options.

Edited by PaulC

Warwickshire did not treat him and his brother and cousin well at all.

I know and they didn't treat Naquash Tahir very well either. At that time I don't think the people we had were very good at working with asian cricketers. Moeen was in the side in 2006 and made top score at Trent Bridge and was dropped, George Dobell was a big Moeen fan and was told by Greatbatch that he wouldn't be a first team player for 5 years. Of course his cousin Kabir and brother Kadeer also started their careers at warwickshire. 

Greatbach was a disaster as a coach at the Bears.

Ajmal's action has been reported. There seems to be a bit of a witchhunt against bent arm bowlers right now....Must be worrying for him and Pakistan. I think if found illegal at 36 theres no time for him to change it and come back. The way things are the doosra will become a thing of the past.

Off to the Oval tomorrow

it's going to be a crap day isn't it , where England just take their time and clock up 260 runs for 1 wicket down

On an oval related theme  , Surrey just signed Ben Foakes (wicketkeeper) from Essex   .. strange seeing as the club captain Gary Wilson is a wicket keeper and we also have Englands best wicker keeper Steven Davies at the club

probably an Alec Stewart thing in that he thinks every batsman should also be a wicket-keeper !!

still a pitch and conditions that will give the bowlers a little something, England's Job is to avoid losing wickets before the close and let the score will take care of itself. Then look to hopefully enjoy improving conditions for batting tomorrow and pushing on to a substantial lead

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Off to the Oval tomorrow

it's going to be a crap day isn't it , where England just take their time and clock up 260 runs for 1 wicket down

On an oval related theme  , Surrey just signed Ben Foakes (wicketkeeper) from Essex   .. strange seeing as the club captain Gary Wilson is a wicket keeper and we also have Englands best wicker keeper Steven Davies at the club

probably an Alec Stewart thing in that he thinks every batsman should also be a wicket-keeper !!

I rate Davies as a batsman but think there are many better keepers than him to be fair. Foakes is highly rated and Essex have Foster who is one of two best keepers in the country with Chris Read. 

• Like 1

still a pitch and conditions that will give the bowlers a little something, England's Job is to avoid losing wickets before the close and let the score will take care of itself. Then look to hopefully enjoy improving conditions for batting tomorrow and pushing on to a substantial lead

Cook was out! Its seems that most of the 50/50 decisions are going englands way. Kohli was marginal early on which could easily have not been given.

Off to the Oval tomorrow

I rate Davies as a batsman but think there are many better keepers than him to be fair. Foakes is highly rated and Essex have Foster who is one of two best keepers in the country with Chris Read. 

134 no at the moment , he must have heard you :)

Yes I used to watch him a lot in his Worcester days. A classy lefthanded batsman but he did drop a few catches as keeper. Shame he's been overlooked for England... Heard the reason was he's too quiet. 

Yes I used to watch him a lot in his Worcester days. A classy lefthanded batsman but he did drop a few catches as keeper. Shame he's been overlooked for England... Heard the reason was he's too quiet. 

he is to my knowledge the only openly gay cricket player  .. don't know if that is a factor in his being quiet  ?

Edited by tonyh29

Â