Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

surely Warner will come back in for 3rd test.

though is it worrying for them that Pattinson looks more comfortable with the bat than about 5 others ahead of him in the order

Watson is not a test opener, but such is the state of Aussie cricket he is the best they have.

He's had some success as an opener, and playing shots is his natural game, he's out of form and has a problem with the straight ball

One thing that annoyed me was that bell missed out on the motm award again. What was more important bell's hundred in first innings when England were 33 for 3 or roots ton in the 2nd when England were 270 ahead. Roots hundred didn't influence the game at all.

though is it worrying for them that Pattinson looks more comfortable with the bat than about 5 others ahead of him in the order

doubt it. He's in rubbish form too and didnt even score in Zimbabwe :/

Watson is not a test opener, but such is the state of Aussie cricket he is the best they have.

He's had some success as an opener, and playing shots is his natural game, he's out of form and has a problem with the straight ball

Shane Watson has problems with getting neurons to synapse.

In a team that has produced a long line of **** rocket polishers, Shane Watson is El Supremo.

• Like 1

agree Bell has been England best player over 2 games except maybe Anderson and hasnt really got recognition of Anderson, Swann or Root

yes in the first match I had no problem with Anderson getting motm but root no way! Guess he's the new kid on the block and getting all the media attention.

doubt it. He's in rubbish form too and didnt even score in Zimbabwe :/

unless they can draw Ponting and Hussey out of retirement they have no one to bring in. Guess it goes in cycles

One thing that annoyed me was that bell missed out on the motm award again. What was more important bell's hundred in first innings when England were 33 for 3 or roots ton in the 2nd when England were 270 ahead. Roots hundred didn't influence the game at all.

He keeps his form up, and I'm sure he'll be rewarded with Man of the Series to make up for it!

Aussies best batsman, Pattinson, injured and ruled out of the series.

I wonder who they will replace him with? Probably Starc. But maybe Ahmed as OT will turn? I don't think they'll rush Cummins back. 

It doesn't rain, it pours..

Edited by Cizzler

I don't know if anyone watched 'The Big Bash' in Australia earlier in the year but there was an Aussie batsman called Luke Pomersbach who looked pretty good I thought. In fact so good, I'd even have  him for Warwickshire :) . If there are any Aussie based Vter's here what do you know about him - is he perhaps more of a one-day player ?

Edited by veloman

Pomersbach is a very good clean hitter of the ball.

Unfortunately he's like many Aussie batsman doing the rounds at the moment. Dominant against average attacks on flat tracks, but struggle against bowlers with a bit of nip.

A splendid evening watching Villa beat Crewe, and Bears beat Pears tonight. Bit gutted not to have been at Edgbaston, as it sounded like a cracking atmosphere. Yooouuu Beeeaaarrrsss! 

Â