Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Kean the Octo core is only in non LTE markets, so Europe & US get the Quad Core. 

The Nexus 4 is great value but if you want the absolute best the S4 or the One are the two phones that are well clear of the pack now. 

Steve Kean ?

Nah I thought it was something like that. Checked some phone forum and they had mentioned about how Sht it was that we get the Quad Core and others get the Octo or something like that. As I say I know a bit but not that much.... I'd just prefer to get the best phone possible and also hope that the price is a decent one ofc... xD

I wonder how much better the batter life will be on the Octo Core version of the S4 over the Snapdragon version.

ARM seem to be confident that the big. LITTLE architecture will give very real battery life gains.

I'd expect some comparisons between the two to surface soon.

So no KeyLime Pie at Google IO according to all the rumours.

Disappointing as Google shouldnt be slowing down so the manufacturers can catch up they should be doing all they can to help the manufacturers be quicker with their updates.

I wonder if this is more about releasing Key Lime Pie on the new Motorola Xphones....

They've released a new dev kit so that manufacturers can migrate to new versions quicker.

That said, they don't *need* to release a new version (from a market perspective) as android is pretty much there, as opposed to when it first started and it was way behind iOS. Now, of course, it's iOS that's way behind.

IMO going forward it won't necessarily be new features that sell a phone, but how well (and easily & seamlessly) it integrates with other stuff e.g. TV, watches, home automation, existing websites & social networks etc.

You may well be right with your point about the X phone and KLP Mykeyb

I agree about no need for a huge jump just yet.  Jelly Bean 4.2 (and 4.1 to be truthful) is so good that there are no need for sweeping changes. 

I'm nicely set up for my next phone now. Happy enough to wait with the Galaxy Nexus until something much better comes along. It may be the X-phone, or more likely the super-camera Nexus.

Spotted a good deal on the HTC One on HUKD.

400 minutes, unlimited text and 750mb of data at £36.00 pm, 4 months free by redemption (£144.00). The total for the 18 months is £504.00. Top cash back is offering £101 cash back for dial a phone 18 Month contract including - iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 & HTC one.

If already you have running contract from Dial a Phone and refer yourself, enter that mobile no you will get £20 for dial a phone reference.

which makes effective price £648-(£144-504-£101-£20) = £383.

Over 18 months this is just over £21 per month.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Spotted a good deal on the One X on HUKD.

400 minutes, unlimited text and 750mb of data at £36.00 pm, 4 months free by redemption (£144.00). The total for the 18 months is £504.00. Top cash back is offering £101 cash back for dial a phone 18 Month contract including - iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 & HTC one.

If already you have running contract from Dial a Phone and refer yourself, enter that mobile no you will get £20 for dial a phone reference.

Hi 'Tamuff_Villa.' You might have noted that i am considering buying either the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One from the Mobile contract thread and i have just noted your post on this offer for the HTC One.

Just want to ask how does the cash back offer work and what do you have to do to get it. The best deal i have come up with for the HTC One is with O2=£99.00 up front plus 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb data. Monthly payment is then £22.00 on a 24 month contract. I noted this deal through Uswitch.

Hi 'Tamuff_Villa.' You might have noted that i am considering buying either the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One from the Mobile contract thread and i have just noted your post on this offer for the HTC One.

Just want to ask how does the cash back offer work and what do you have to do to get it. The best deal i have come up with for the HTC One is with O2=£99.00 up front plus 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb data. Monthly payment is then £22.00 on a 24 month contract. I noted this deal through Uswitch.

Hi, firstly, my mistake in the short link above, the deal is for the One, not the One X....

Secondly, the cashback from topcashback is dead easy. You just sign up with topcashback which is free. You then search for the seller and then use topcashbacks link to the seller's website. You make the purchase as normal and some clever goings on in the background send the details of the purchase to topcashback who register the purcahse. You have to wait for the seller to pay topcashback who then pass it on to you. Cashback sites are the best kept secrets of the internet. People think its some kind of scam but I can show you (and other VTers too) that I have over £2400 since 2006 from Quidco (same thing as top cashback). I can take 2 or 3 months to be in your pocket but it catches up in the end.

The other cashback was via redemption. The company selling the phone/contract will ask you to send certain bills in to them to verify the account is still live and being paid and then send you a cheque. Its usually at the tail end of the contract. 

Hope that helps! :D

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Off Topic I know but just on the cashback thing, this week I renewed my car insurance. Aviva was cheapest and they also pay £70 quidco cashback. I also newnewed my Buildings and Contents Insurance which pay £25 cashback through Swinton. ITS FREE MONEY!!

Just by using Quidco's link to the seller rather than say googles I have made £95 this week!

Hi, firstly, my mistake in the short link above, the deal is for the One, not the One X....

Secondly, the cashback from topcashback is dead easy. You just sign up with topcashback which is free. You then search for the seller and then use topcashbacks link to the seller's website. You make the purchase as normal and some clever goings on in the background send the details of the purchase to topcashback who register the purcahse. You have to wait for the seller to pay topcashback who then pass it on to you. Cashback sites are the best kept secrets of the internet. People think its some kind of scam but I can show you (and other VTers too) that I have over £2400 since 2006 from Quidco (same thing as top cashback). I can take 2 or 3 months to be in your pocket but it catches up in the end.

The other cashback was via redemption. The company selling the phone/contract will ask you to send certain bills in to them to verify the account is still live and being paid and then send you a cheque. Its usually at the tail end of the contract. 

Hope that helps! :D

Ok mate thanks very much for the information. :cheers:

Just be aware when it comes to the companies doing cashback cheques via copies of your bills etc, be warned if they go bust (and they do on a regualr basis) the you have no comeback on the network.

What's the best wireless file transfer app? I use AirDroid but wondering if there was a faster method like maybe wifi direct?

I use es file explorer. Free and absolutely fantastic. You can use it as an ftp client, use it to access your cloud storage, streaming music or video from the network. Orsm

Â